MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Half page turn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a request for a slight change in the behavior of the half page turn in a setlist.

I load multiple songs into a setlist, and click load all. As I play each song, when I reach the bottom of the page, I hit the pedal, which displays the top half of the next page in the top half of the screen. Then when I start playing the half at the top, I hit the pedal, and the bottom half of that page is displayed at the bottom. So I always have the half page I'm playing plus the next half page always visible. That works great.

Here's the problem. When I have the last page of a song on the screen, and I'm playing the bottom half, I don't know that it's the last page, so I hit the page pedal to get the next half page of the set list, IOW the first half of page one of the next song, but instead, I get all of page 1 of the next song. That means that the part of the music I'm playing disappears.

What I'd like to happen is that the songs in a setlist are treated as though they were a single song. In other words, when the last page of a song is displayed full screen, and the page forward button on the pedal is pressed, the top half of the next song is displayed at the top of the screen, and the bottom half of the last page of the current song remains at the bottom of the screen. The next press would then display the first page of the new song full screen. At that point, it would proceed as it does now.

This could be made an option.
I can certainly add an option for that (it would be similar to the "Separate songs in two page mode" option). I've also been considering adding an option to prevent song changes while tapping through songs, requiring the next song to be explicitly picked through either the setlist window, a "Go to next song" action or a popup I'm going to add that will make it easier to switch to other songs based on what was last shown on the library screen. This will ensure that accidental song changes are prevented which is critical when dealing with MIDI messages.

Mike
Thanks! I appreciate that. BTW, I appreciate the adjustable page split that you recently added to the half page advance. That solves the problem of some pages being split in an awkward place.
I'm glad to hear that! It definitely took a few iterations to get everything working as desired, but I think it works pretty well now.

Mike