MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Some way to combine songs for Medleys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use the chordpro format and the metronome a lot and it's been great but I wish there was a way to make it so that the metronome doesn't stop when moving on to the next song, which would be handy when stringing together multiple songs for a medley while using the metronome.

I tried setting both songs to the same tempo and turning on 'auto start metronome' but the new metronome starts instantly when you turn to the next page instead of staying in time with the old metronome.

I can achieve my goal if I just edit the chordpro file so that both songs are seen by mobilesheets as 'one song' but it would be fantastic if there was some way to link the songs together within the app, or even just have the metronome stay consistent when moving to the next song.

Thanks for the great app.
If you go into the metronome playback settings, there is a toggle to "Keep metronome playing after switching songs". If you enable this, you don't need to enable the auto-start setting for each individual song. However, you do need to assign the metronome tempo you want for each song. MobileSheets is not going to support a mode where the metronome will keep laying the previous song's metronome tempo while viewing a different song. That would not be intuitive and would be very confusing to users, as why would they want a different metronome tempo than what the current song requires? 

I do not currently provide a way to apply a metronome tempo to every song in the current setlist, but I do plan on adding that once I have some bandwidth.

Mike
Sorry if I was unclear - I don't want the same metronome will keep playing the previous song's metronome.
What I mean is that the 'auto-start' feature does not start 'in-time' with the previous metronome unless you turn the page at exactly the right moment - which is hard to do with a bluetooth pedal due to lag.

When I use my metronome app which has a setlist function built in, if I move to the next song in the setlist, the new tempo will not start until the next click of the previous metronome should have started.