MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: search criteria based on "AND" too
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning to everyone, and congratulations to the author of this software.
In a paradox, i use this software to train myself to remember all the lyrics i need, because mainly i perform without any help, with a guitar near the guests. Would be nice to have more flexibility to filter songs, also with an "AND" function, instead of only "OR" as it is now implemented. Example to filter a song with both two genre values, instead of one OR another. For me would be nice a simple "logical language", but may be not so useful for many users. I don't know how much can be useful for all the users, but for me, yes.
thank you to read and eventually answer this message, sorry for my poor english
Luigi
Good afternoon to everyone, i try again to post, because i had no feedback of my last post attempt.
Congratulation to the software author! Anyway, as mentioned in the object, would like to have this option in the search, in a way.
I use this software paradoxically as a gear to train myself to remember lyrics. I perform with a guitar near an audience without nothing. In some moment i need to choose a song, and would be nice have a filter using some AND criteria, so to have deeper chance to simulate a song choosing.
I have seen a post in 2016, about this request, so i guess it is not so requested feature.
That's all, thank you
Luigi
Luigi,

I absolutely plan on adding support for that. It's been something I've been wanting to do for a while. I was planning to wait until I rework the filters, which is something I want to do after all the chord pro work is done. My plan is to move the filters to a configurable side panel, and I'll probably have a toggle that just indicates whether to "AND" or "OR" the filters. I could also support a more complex syntax where users can type in a search query on the fields they want, but that would probably only be useful for advanced users.

Mike
(06-02-2023, 07:56 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]Luigi,

I absolutely plan on adding support for that. It's been something I've been wanting to do for a while. I was planning to wait until I rework the filters, which is something I want to do after all the chord pro work is done. My plan is to move the filters to a configurable side panel, and I'll probably have a toggle that just indicates whether to "AND" or "OR" the filters. I could also support a more complex syntax where users can type in a search query on the fields they want, but that would probably only be useful for advanced users.

Mike

Mike, thank you very much for your support. It will be a very important improvement, and the syntax to type in a query will be the best for me for sure (maximum flexibility. If i well remember audio player Foobar 2000 uses a syntax for this purpose also), but i don't know if it worth for maintaining software light.
First of MobileSheets, I used a LibreOffice Calc sheet, but it had not the same power: it is not dedicated software. Now, when i have a problem i can find inside the software a solution. I'm using it for song learning process, and so in every song folder i put some audio, some video, some sheets, mainly a ChordPro file. And i put a smart button for everything i need to recall, and keep all resources in order. Fantastic!

Thank you
Best regards
Luigi