MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Galaxy Tab or Galaxy Note
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can recommend one of the two (Tab or Note).
I am basically about to buy it to be able to use with mobilesheets.

Would love to hear if someone tried both and liked one better and why.

Thanks for the help

Guy
Haven't tried either but there are a few varieties, so it may be helpful to say which particular models you're interested in, the 10.1" presumably? The Note is better in terms of spec., but the Tab may be perfectly adequate.

It might be worth hanging on a bit longer for their rumoured 12" model. I'd also advise checking how well Bluetooth is performing on them if you're intending to use such a pedal with it, as there have been numerous such issues with recent Android versions.
Thanks Marshland. Yes I was thinking about the 10''. I am more concern about adding word/notes/comments/accidentals on the pdf's itself. It might be easier with the S-pen but was wondering if anyone is using those options with the Tab.
If a larger screen size is helpful (I know it is for me), I would think about getting a tablet with a 13.3 inch screen. There are some good options now. I think the Hanspree 13.3 seems to be working okay for some people (and it is reasonably priced).

(01-30-2014, 08:01 AM)guysion Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Marshland. Yes I was thinking about the 10''. I am more concern about adding word/notes/comments/accidentals on the pdf's itself. It might be easier with the S-pen but was wondering if anyone is using those options with the Tab.
I own a Note 10.1, but did not test the Tab.
I am quite happy with it, it works great with Mobilesheets and also with a bluetooth footpedal ( AirTurn BT-105), plus I have a great tablet stand for it (König & Meyer, http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00AF65N...UTF8&psc=1) .

However, these are my personal experiences that could direct you to the Tab or even something else (just personal preferences, your priorities could be different):
- I rarely use the S-pen
- I have a GSM device, but usage shows I could also live with pure WLAN
- I would really like a larger screen - 13'', maybe a Samsung 12'' if it is coming
Thanks Harry. That was really helpful!
just few more questions to you if you don't mind..

1. Do you often use the option to write on the pdf? (comments, tacet, repeat etc..)
2. do you usually do it with the finger or the pen?

Thanks again

Guy
FWIW, I do. I usually use the tablet's virtual keyboard. Sometimes I use the pen, for example to make a line showing where to start/end a section or sometimes I draw a line showing I want to go from one point on the page to another. (I am looking forward to an arrow point at the end of a line--I think Mike is working on this).

(01-31-2014, 05:54 AM)guysion Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Harry. That was really helpful!

1. Do you often use the option to write on the pdf? (comments, tacet, repeat etc..)

Thanks again

Guy
Guy,
- I sometimes write on the pdf
- if so, I mark beginning or end or when I have to play Smile with the finger.
If I am adding annotations, I also use the virtual keyboard - it's simply cleaner than my hand-written annotations would be.

But, to be clear, I like my Galaxy Note. It is powerful, has good battery, everything fine - especially if you might want to use it for additional things besides MobileSheets. It might only be too expensive (due to too many, maybe unused, features) for Mobilesheets alone - and I would like to have a bigger screen.

(01-31-2014, 05:54 AM)guysion Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Harry. That was really helpful!

Thanks again

Guy
Hi,
I'm a new user.
I always annotate quickly with the pen. Sometimes with m'y finger and the virtual keyboard.
And yes mobilesheets works fine with the Galaxy note 2014 Smile

Thanks again

Guy