MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: finding new songs after batch import
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you "mark" your new songs to find them?

When I do a batch import with songs which will go to different already existing lists, different albums, composers and setlists I always wonder how I can find them easily afterwards.

In the moment I give them a strange key during batch import - and change it later.

Any easier way that anyone uses?

MelBonis
(08-05-2014, 04:43 PM)MelBonis Wrote: [ -> ]How do you "mark" your new songs to find them?

When I do a batch import with songs which will go to different already existing lists, different albums, composers and setlists I always wonder how I can find them easily afterwards.

In the moment I give them a strange key during batch import - and change it later.

Any easier way that anyone uses?

MelBonis

I don't generally use batch import so I'm not familiar with what you can & can't do, but could you specify something for the Custom field, such as "[New Song]"?
thankyou snard,
of course that is how it is meant to be.

I already wondered about this "customs" in the companion. It sounds for me like "use". My tablet is in German and up to now I didn't bring together that customs in the companion to the tablet's "benutzerdefiniert" in German, which means more specifically "define your own rule".

MelBonis Idea
MelBonis,

If there is a better translation for "Custom", please let me know so I can include it in the next update.

Thanks,
Mike
As a side note, I'm including a "Date Created" tab in the next version. All of the most recently created songs would show up at the top of this list.

Mike
Dear Mike,
I'm happy that there will be really a new version some time and that you are working on our many wishes and ideas. Take your time -I have a feeling that this new version will be simply great.
"Date created" sounds very helpful.
You can put me on the beta tester list if you still need.

"Benutzerdefiniert" is perfect. I would change the English to "user-defined". But this is rather a joke of mine. Have to accept some gaps in my vocabulary.

I will have a look on the translation thread whether something's still missing.

MelBonis
Cool!

(08-06-2014, 02:22 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]As a side note, I'm including a "Date Created" tab in the next version. All of the most recently created songs would show up at the top of this list.

Mike
That will be in the PC Companion too? So, if you are adding songs to a collection (or setlist) you can see the most recent song added to MS on top (so you can easily add it to the collection/setlist you want).

(08-06-2014, 02:22 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]As a side note, I'm including a "Date Created" tab in the next version. All of the most recently created songs would show up at the top of this list.

Mike