MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: resizing does not seem to work...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to resize some charts, and I can get the idea to do the two-finger move, which does resize, but the page is still "locked" to the left hand edge.

IE, you cannot then move it back to the centre of the screen, and you can then sometimes lose up to t third of the chart off the left hand side of the display...

any ideas?

Thanks
so no-one else finds the resizing faulty??
I haven't had any problems resizing my sheets, works like a charm.
That being said; I'm looking forward to the moment I can crop the images.

BTW: why is this posted in discussion and not in bug report?
(10-01-2012, 05:47 AM)Mederiacvm Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't had any problems resizing my sheets, works like a charm.
That being said; I'm looking forward to the moment I can crop the images.

BTW: why is this posted in discussion and not in bug report?

Hi thanks for the reply - I did not post in bug report as I am not sure it is a bug. I am still new to the app, and learning it's foibles. If this is standard operation, then it is not very good.

Other chart apps I have used allow resizing but you can then "move" the image so that the entire chart comes back to centre screen. With MS, the resizing works, BUT as I said earlier, you lose up to a third of the left hand part of the chart (depending on the amount of "zoom")...so if a chart is a little small to view, well it seems a user is stuck with that view....
The zoom automatically zooms into the centre of the chart. It does not position to the left side. Are you absolutely sure your chart is positioning itself to the left? I notice you've already claimed various things are not working when they are..
(10-01-2012, 07:31 AM)cdawe55 Wrote: [ -> ]The zoom automatically zooms into the centre of the chart. It does not position to the left side. Are you absolutely sure your chart is positioning itself to the left? I notice you've already claimed various things are not working when they are..

yes m8, it is positioning way to the left when I do the zoom (you know drag two fingers on the screen!!)

No need to be sarcastic or go getting all defensive about your favourite app!! - I am used to almost perfectly operating apps in a solid OS environment - so working out how things operate in Android and an app that operates differently to the "other" brand does take time...

The thing that I said did not work still does not work Tongue - ONLY if you enable a dbl tap to open it (if you don't it still opens automatically outside perf mode), and I only came across that tip by accident, I mean it wasn't clearly spelled out in online manuals...

Take a chill pill, and put your guard dogs to rest - if you cannot cope with questions asked then don't bother reading hey!!!

I already posted in those other threads that I had found work-arounds..
pax_eterna,

I know the zooming in it's current form is not as good as it should be. The update after annotations will introduce positional zooming, which is going to feel much more natural. It's going to do a low quality zoom while you pinch-zoom, and then replace the low quality zoom with a high quality one inside the PDF rendering engine.

As for your current issue, the zoom is most certainly a center-zoom. I'm not sure exactly why it's cutting off part of your chart, but I believe I've heard this before for 7" tablets. I'm curious, what kind of tablet do you currently have? I'll try to take care of this issue when I switch the zooming to positional.

Oh, and as for your comment about almost perfectly operating apps in a solid OS environment - go look at the history on the blogs for those apps. In the first couple years, they ALL had serious issues and imperfections. It takes time to work all the kinks out in an application, especially one that I can only work on part time. I'm constantly learning new things about developing for Android, so MobileSheets is slowly getting more polished over time. I apologize for the rough edges, but rest assured that I will address them as I get time.

Mike
Mike I am talking about music chart apps (Unrealbook, Onsong, Goodreader et al) not the general hoi polloi Smile

And Re your comment "working out kinks" m8, I TOTALLY agree...It is why I post questions such as these...maybe it is something that other users have not tried to use the app for...I dunno??!!

The only way one can learn is to ask, read and try (including the manual) as I have written before MS is pretty cool, I am just trying to get it to conform to how I want it to operate...and maybe I am trying things it is not yet coded for...unless I ask I don't know, hey!! I am a muso not a tweaker, and I just liek things to run with the minimum of fuss...

I am using the Acer Iconia A200

Cheers
Dennis
Please grow up, or nobody is going to want to help you.

On the tablet both the pinch method and zoom bar should show a blue box which shows you where the app is going to zoom to. Does it do that? Does the actual zoom reflect what the blue box shows? As I said, and as Mike has confirmed, the zoom certainly zooms in towards the centre of the chart in any testing that I've done with it.

The second issue still sounds like you're tapping on the right arrow on the overlay to close it. That simply minimizes the box to the right hand side, rather than closing the whole overlay. Can you confirm that when you close the overlay, whether there is an arrow on the right hand screen that re-opens it? To close the overlay you need to tap somewhere near the centre of the chart, not on the arrow.
No need for any growing at all really - already doing all that you wrote...I have already moved on to other things. Thanks all the same.
Cheers
Please confirm the answers to the questions so that we can attempt to reproduce the errors if they exist.