MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Large ViewSonic Tablet and Landscape Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone seen the new ViewSonic VSD220 22" Tablet that is coming out this month? It retails for about $400. It doesn't have a battery and uses an ac adapter, and is most easily used in landscape mode. I was wondering how MobileSheets would work on such a large screen and in landscape. I bet the notes would really be large and readable. Anybody have any ideas if it would be good for music display?
(10-05-2012, 12:48 AM)cspern Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone seen the new ViewSonic VSD220 22" Tablet that is coming out this month? It retails for about $400. It doesn't have a battery and uses an ac adapter, and is most easily used in landscape mode. I was wondering how MobileSheets would work on such a large screen and in landscape. I bet the notes would really be large and readable. Anybody have any ideas if it would be good for music display?

Wowza! and there I was just hoping for a 12" tablet or so! I've not seen this, but 22" seems rather unwieldy... I'm not sure it would even stay on my digital piano stand! Smile but seriously... if there's no battery I don't see much future for such a device.
Yes, I'm trying to imagine the same large device leaning against my piano stand. I might make a cardboard mockup and see if it's practical and usable. The link to view information about it is here: http://www.viewsonic.com/products/vsd220.htm
of course the other idea is to use a tablet with HDMI out. Your tablet is near you for page turns and selection but you use a monitor, TV, projector. Anyone had any need for this? Are there any resolution problems?