MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Crossfade Audio From Song to Song
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
@zuberman
some water run down the river and so I'll ask you again one year later about any possibillity for crossfades between the audio of two songs?
It's still on my list. I'm going to be making some pretty significant changes to the audio player backend after the annotations rework is completed. That will add the ability to pitch shift and speed up/slow down tracks, and it should also make it easy for me to add crossfade support.

Mike
I'm looking forward to that.

But since you brought up the audio revamp. Is there any chance you could also consider an old request of mine

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=3347

with that? I haven't got neither a reaction in the thread nor saw it on your to-do-list.
@zuberman

Hi Mike,

I just got caught up on this thread.  It's been awhile since I've checked.  I am really excited about the audio player upgrade you have planned.  I don't know if you have this is in the mix for the upgrade, but I wanted to through this request in the mix as well.  Backing tracks, click tracks and split tracks have become pretty common now for performers.  In addition to having the crossfade feature that we have talked about, it would be really useful to be able to assign the audio players output to either the left or right channel as well as the metronome's output to either the left or right channel.  That way you can use the metronome as a performance click track on one channel while sending the audio file to the other channel.

I have converted just about every musician I play with to MobileSheets.

Thanks again for the awesome app you have developed!

Jon
Any news on when crossfade will be supported? I am getting ready to purchase today and like others have said, I would GLADLY pay more for this feature...thank you!
I've started integrating superpowered audio (as you can see in the Windows 10 version), so some of the initial work is done, but I haven't had time to switch out the audio player implementation yet so that I can take advantage of crossfading, playback speed adjustments, etc.  I'll get to this once I'm done with the library sync and annotation updates.

Mike
Mike you are AMAZING!!!

As a temporary work around (for anyone interested) I am using Bome Midi Translator and AIMP media player.

With Bome you can setup a virtural MIDI reciver and let MS send a custom change control, bome will then translate that into commands to open the backtrack you want (you will have to set AIMP as your default player for MP3 or whatever format your pad or backtrack is in). AIMP has REALLY nice crossfade features.

If anyone wants more details I will try and get a vide setup and walk through how I am using MS, Bome, Line6 Helix and a BeatBuddy all together.

I now have BeatBuddy as my master clock (which sends clock to my Helix for timed effects (delay, etc)), MS is sending a bpm setting and drum setting to my beatbuddy and opening the corresponding pad for the song I open....I am also using my Helix for page turns (utilizing Bome for this as well). It really is an AWESOME combination and something I have been wanting to achieve for sometime.
(04-20-2018, 04:04 AM)ConnerNA Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone wants more details I will try and get a vide setup and walk through how I am using MS, Bome, Line6 Helix and a BeatBuddy all together.

I now have BeatBuddy as my master clock (which sends clock to my Helix for timed effects (delay, etc)), MS is sending a bpm setting and drum setting to my beatbuddy and opening the corresponding pad for the song I open....I am also using my Helix for page turns (utilizing Bome for this as well). It really is an AWESOME combination and something I have been wanting to achieve for sometime.

Hey ConnerNA,

If you do a video on your setup, I would be really interested in seeing it.  Thanks for letting us know about your work around.

Jon
(04-22-2018, 01:41 PM)jluken Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2018, 04:04 AM)ConnerNA Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone wants more details I will try and get a vide setup and walk through how I am using MS, Bome, Line6 Helix and a BeatBuddy all together.

Hey ConnerNA,

If you do a video on your setup, I would be really interested in seeing it.  Thanks for letting us know about your work around.

Jon

I will try and get that posted tonight!
Here is a quick run through how I am using Bome, AIMP and MS together to get a nice cross fade.

https://youtu.be/ibOuNxg_APk
Pages: 1 2 3