MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: A question about Google accounts and paid version of MS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not familiar with google system to lock a paid app. This is my scenario:

1.- Bougth a new tablet that will be a gift for my daughter on Christmas.
2.- I use my google account to connect to google play. So I paid for MS and install it.
3.- When I'll give the tablet to my daugther, she will change the google account for hers. So ¿MS will works?

I don't know if paid apps are locked to google account, to device or both.
Paid apps are tied to a Google account. If she changes the Google account, you will probably be able to continue running MobileSheets (assuming the license period has passed), but you won't be able to get updates for MobileSheets on that tablet unless you change the Google account back.

Mike
(10-29-2014, 04:12 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]Paid apps are tied to a Google account. If she changes the Google account, you will probably be able to continue running MobileSheets (assuming the license period has passed), but you won't be able to get updates for MobileSheets on that tablet unless you change the Google account back.

Mike

Ok. I hope that mspro final version get out after christmas in order to buy it with my daughter account. Is there a way to transfer one paid license from one account to another?
Unfortunately no, Google doesn't allow that I'm afraid.

Mike
Along those lines my phone crashed over the weekend and I had to do a factory reset. I got all programs back on my phone except MS. After trying several times with Play I recalled that I also own a license on Amazon. The Amazon version worked fine on the phone. I use the tablet for official gigs but need MS on my phone for unexpected performances when I don't have the tablet.

Keep in mind that some of us need to continue run this on a phone. I bought the Google license in order to get upgrades faster after the Amazon purchase.

Good luck with MS Pro!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk
I read some docs about it and it's a shame that google didn't allow transfer paid apps between accounts. It's bad for end user and it's bad for developers. Curiously google allows transfer apps from developers accounts.

It seems that the only solution is to change google account in google play each time that the app has a new update to get it, and revert to the main account after that.

I think that this fact allows more piracy because someone can buy an app with one account and give it to all friends to get the paid app free ...
Maybe your daughter could use a Google prepaid card? So she will buy MS for herself. So MS is tied to her account and she will recieve the updates.

Not sure: does Android support multiple users? If so, a 2nd user could login and update the software with his (fathers) account ...
No, the problem will be if MSPro go out before christmas and I have only one month to buy at "update price".

Also it depends if Mike check the active google account in MSPro only at "buy time" or every time that MSPro start.