MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(11-03-2014, 03:45 PM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]I have not added features for that (Bluetooth master/slave multiple tablets control) yet. It's on my list of things to add for the future.
Mike

Hi Mike,
do you think Bluetooth multiple tablets control will be included in version 5?

For people voting:
Example is shown on iOS app called unrealBook: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiYcF6UhVGw

Edit 1: This thread has over 14000 views but only 28 votes. Tapatalk does not support polls.
Best is to open this poll in the web browser.
Bluetooth multiple tablets control feature is rather for ensemble/band/group members: https://youtu.be/M1narwxaztE

Edit 2: This feature could also be used for 2 page mode. 2 screens/tablets side by side like a real binder: https://youtu.be/c-I_jBbzLWA
Hello otnt,

There will be no version 5.0.0. MobileSheetsPro is going to be released instead, and the initial release will not have this capability as it would cause delays for months most likely due to the amount of work involved.

Mike
I voted 'no', but appreciate that it's something that others would dearly love to have. Perhaps there should be a third option, like 'not personally'?
In fact for a personal use of MSPro, it's almost the same to have or not this feature. But for teaching it's a big improvement. And the use of MSPro in education opens a big market for Mike ....

When MSPro is out I have a demo of it for all teachers in my city conservatory because some of them saw it and want to integrate this tool in their class.

So, I voted "yes" thinking about the spread of this fantastic tool (and also thinking in Mike's wife Wink)
(11-12-2014, 02:53 PM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]Hello otnt,
There will be no version 5.0.0. MobileSheetsPro is going to be released instead, and the initial release will not have this capability as it would cause delays for months most likely due to the amount of work involved.
Mike

No problem at all. I understand there is lot of work involved. Maybe somebody could help with development. Different people working on different plugins? Just thoughts.

(11-12-2014, 08:09 PM)popoff Wrote: [ -> ]And the use of MSPro in education opens a big market for Mike ....

Master/Slave functionality would be great option for small chamber ensembles and small bands. Not to clutter the stage with unnecessary page turn pedals.
I'm also thinking that several established iOS developers (OnSong, iGigBook, MusicReader) announced porting their apps to Android.
I think too there's a huge potential in Android.
(11-13-2014, 12:16 PM)otnt Wrote: [ -> ]Master/Slave functionality would be great option for small chamber ensembles and small bands. Not to clutter the stage with unnecessary page turn pedals.
I'm also thinking that several established iOS developers (OnSong, iGigBook, MusicReader) announced porting their apps to Android.
I think too there's a huge potential in Android.

Yes, I thoroughly agree with this. I play in a string quintet, and right now the person choosing the songs (this applies mostly for more casual background music events) has to audibly tell us which song to find during the performance. It would be really great if he could simply select a song on his tablet and have it automatically load on the four other tablets.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
(12-23-2014, 04:02 PM)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I thoroughly agree with this. I play in a string quintet, and right now the person choosing the songs (this applies mostly for more casual background music events) has to audibly tell us which song to find during the performance. It would be really great if he could simply select a song on his tablet and have it automatically load on the four other tablets.

Hi Kyle, did you vote in this poll?
As it turned out not many people are interested in this feature. I thought this app is about turning SHEETS but it looks like more users are interested in midi, metronome, chords transposing, media player, DropBox, printing, exporting etc...
(12-23-2014, 08:56 PM)otnt Wrote: [ -> ]I thought this app is about turning SHEETS but it looks like more users are interested in midi, metronome, chords transposing, media player, DropBox, printing, exporting etc...

I have expressed concern, several times in the past, that the original purpose of the software should not get subsumed by too many bells and whistles.

In a different scenario, this would be called 'mission creep' and it's, sort of, inevitable.
(12-23-2014, 08:56 PM)otnt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Kyle, did you vote in this poll?

No, I actually don't know how to do that. I am using the Android Tapatalk app that was recommended to me on your forum website. I would appreciate any pointers. FYI, I just joined this forum yesterday, so maybe there was a poll that I missed?

Edit: I found out that I have to go to the official thread on MS's website to vote; Tapatalk does not seem to support polls that well. So yes, I have voted. [emoji1]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
My aim is to try to find a happy middle ground where I'm meeting the requirements of the majority of users. The problem is that I don't always have a good idea of what the majority wants. I usually find this out by getting tons of emails from people all asking for the same changes. I do get plenty of emails about being able to connect tablets with a master/slave model, so I know a good number of people want this. It doesn't seem like the majority, but I still want to add it add some point, because I believe it opens up MobileSheets to be used by another market segment.

Mike
(11-12-2014, 10:40 AM)otnt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Mike,
do you think Bluetooth multiple tablets control will be included in version 5?

For people voting:
Example is shown on iOS app called unrealBook: www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiYcF6UhVGw

For this to be effective it really would need to, in this day and age work with both Android devices and iOS devices. Also it would need to do more than just turn pages. Often times different instruments will have a charge paginated in a different way, meaning the pages turns aren't always at the same time.
Ms is an android only app, so it's impossible to do it on both ios & android. I think that the main purpose of bluethoot control is to select one song from a master tablet. It works for teaching, bands, etc.
(01-07-2015, 07:32 PM)popoff Wrote: [ -> ]...it's impossible to do it on both ios & android.
This is very true. In fact, Apple made it so that Android tablets cannot pair to their iPads (or iPhones, AFAIK) via Bluetooth. Sad but true[emoji21]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 with Tapatalk
(01-08-2015, 02:00 AM)Kyle Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2015, 07:32 PM)popoff Wrote: [ -> ]...it's impossible to do it on both ios & android.
This is very true. In fact, Apple made it so that Android tablets cannot pair to their iPads (or iPhones, AFAIK) via Bluetooth. Sad but true[emoji21]

It's not impossible, it's being done right here:

(01-08-2015, 06:02 AM)BassPlayaYo Wrote: [ -> ]It's not impossible, it's being done right here:
It is possible that he had a jailbroken iPhone in that video. http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/how-can...-bluetooth
However, according to Apple's own website, you cannot pair an Android device with an iOS device.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7