MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: dual page reading on 22 inch android tablet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have a good idea as to how to read .pdf piano music in dual page mode on a new, VSD220 Viewsonic 22" android tablet? I just bought one, and have a foot pedal hooked up. I'd like two see two pages at a time, and when I click the foot pedal, I'd like the right page to move left, and a new right page to be brought in.

There are no shortage of .pdf readers, but I'm not sure there is one with the right behavior on multi-column output.

The display is plenty big enough to show two full size sheets of music. If I can make this work, it will enable us to have an uncluttered piano, for the first time since we bought it.

amateur classical pianist
Well I plan to add a two page mode, but I might not be able to get it finished for a month or two. If you don't find anything before then, MobileSheets will hopefully work for you.
(11-17-2012, 03:25 PM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]Well I plan to add a two page mode, but I might not be able to get it finished for a month or two. If you don't find anything before then, MobileSheets will hopefully work for you.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm a computer scientist by profession (pianist by hobby only) and I would be happy to help you think through the requirements a bit. I have a few ideas for you, having given this a couple of months of thought. I would be also to help you advertise this solution (particularly with the big android tablets that will inevitably play a bigger role) as the dream solution for pianists - no music, no hands on the music, etc... Just let me now an email address and I'll send you a more focused note.

Other members of the forum -- I'm certainly interested in other ideas in the interim. But, I like the features on mobilesheets aimed at music so would return when complete.
Please contact me at mike@zubersoft.com. We can chat about some of the ideas of you have.
I just discovered this VSD220 Viewsonic 22" android display, and it looks like the perfect solution for me. I am a choral conductor and have been looking for a two page capable, touchscreen solution.

How are you coming with making this possible on MobileSheets?
My time has been extremely limited over the last month, so I have not made nearly as much progress as I would like. I also need to get my hands on the VSD220 so I can properly test any changes on it. Adding support for this is very high on my priority list, but there are a large number of bugs that also need to be addressed, so I'm trying to find a balance.
Thank you so much for working on this. I went ahead and bought the VSD220 and it is answering all of my needs. Now I just need your software to run in dual page mode to make it perfect Smile. I will keep checking in. Merry Christmas.
Just wondering if you had been able to add dual page reading yet ...
Not yet I'm afraid. I've been focused mostly on bug fixes lately. I'm finally getting back to new development. I have my eye on the new VSD240, so hopefully they will release that soon, so I can test on it.
Any word yet on dual page capability in MobileSheets? I`m not seeing anything in the program, or am I just missing it?
It's not available yet. Sorry for the delay Musicman, I just haven't gotten a large block of dedicated time for MobileSheets yet, so I'm making slow progress every chance I get.

Mike
I would like to see this enhancement too.
I would absolutely love to see this feature added.
Dual page reading is available in the new version that Mike is designing. The new version, MobileSheetsPro is currently in beta.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk