MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: My license check has failed...AGAIN!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please stop re-checking again and again and asking me to send you an email and asking for Transaction ID No: and all that crap.. Who would remember that number and especially while on the stage doing a live gig!!?? Damn!

So I clicked on Send email to Zubersoft and put down my name and my email address and..after searching everywhere for my Transaction ID no...
Then there is no button to push to send this stupid email??
WTF?? This means I still can't open my 'PAID FOR' Mobilesheets!

Please clarify once and for all here "Why" and "How to" for the benefit of all PAID customers going through this ridiculous procedure so many times!
Hello,

First, let me ask: where did you purchase the application from? With v3.8, I've fixed SlideME to only ask once for a license check. Once this is approved, it caches the information and won't ask again. With versions earlier than v3.8, it asks only twice - once initially, and once several weeks later to ensure you didn't ask for a refund.

Having said all that, are you uninstalling the application or clearing the data? Those are the only ways that your saved license information would be cleared, and it would ask for it again. If you have wifi access, you shouldn't have to email me anything. It should just pass the license check, and that's it. If that is not occurring, then I will need more information as to where you purchased the application, and how many devices you are installing on, if more than one. There could be an issue where it's rechecking more than needed. If so, I'll take care of it ASAP.

I apologize that you had problems with the license check. I have to do something to ensure my product isn't just handed around for free, which is a serious problem with Android devices. You can submit the email without the transaction ID, and I will verify your information based upon your email address. There is a send button - just ensure that all of the fields have information in them, and it should be at the bottom of the dialog.

Mike
(11-22-2012, 03:51 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

First, let me ask: where did you purchase the application from? With v3.8, I've fixed SlideME to only ask once for a license check. Once this is approved, it caches the information and won't ask again. With versions earlier than v3.8, it asks only twice - once initially, and once several weeks later to ensure you didn't ask for a refund.

Having said all that, are you uninstalling the application or clearing the data? Those are the only ways that your saved license information would be cleared, and it would ask for it again. If you have wifi access, you shouldn't have to email me anything. It should just pass the license check, and that's it. If that is not occurring, then I will need more information as to where you purchased the application, and how many devices you are installing on, if more than one. There could be an issue where it's rechecking more than needed. If so, I'll take care of it ASAP.

I apologize that you had problems with the license check. I have to do something to ensure my product isn't just handed around for free, which is a serious problem with Android devices. You can submit the email without the transaction ID, and I will verify your information based upon your email address. There is a send button - just ensure that all of the fields have information in them, and it should be at the bottom of the dialog.

Mike

I purchased it from Slideme. I have it on my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Galaxy Note.
This happened again with my Galaxy Note after it was updated recently and I had WiFi on. Does it mean this will happen with every update you have in the future? Hope not!
Which fields and what information? Except for the Name and Email address, they all have something written on it already, even the Device ID:, could that be the problem? Still can't find the Send button anywhere.
Updating shouldn't affect licensing at all, assuming SlideME doesn't uninstall the application while updating. I'll definitely keep an eye on this. When I get a chance, I'll do some thorough testing with SlideME to see if there is a problem with the licensing code.

As for not being able to see the button, it's because the Galaxy Note is only a 5.3" device, and all of the layouts are optimized for 7" or larger tablets. I'm going to need to do a considerable amount of work to fix all of the various layouts to actually show up correctly on the Note. I'm planning on releasing a version that will work on phones, so that will probably be the direction I go. In the meantime, I can make that dialog scrollable so that you will be able to scroll the Send button up.
That should help matters greatly! Thanks, but meanwhile, I can't use MS on my Note now??
Can you not pass the license check with the note even with wi-fi access? I believe SlideME tracks licenses per device, so if you purchased MobileSheets on each device, you should be able to get past the license check. In the meantime, I should be able to use your screenshot to get enough information to add your Note to the exclusion list.

As a side note, you mentioned that you received the error message during a gig. Did you not receive the 1 day grace period error message letting you know that you needed to pass a license check within 24 hours? I want to make sure that functionality is working correctly. Thanks.
(11-22-2012, 07:16 PM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]Can you not pass the license check with the note even with wi-fi access? I believe SlideME tracks licenses per device, so if you purchased MobileSheets on each device, you should be able to get past the license check. In the meantime, I should be able to use your screenshot to get enough information to add your Note to the exclusion list.

As a side note, you mentioned that you received the error message during a gig. Did you not receive the 1 day grace period error message letting you know that you needed to pass a license check within 24 hours? I want to make sure that functionality is working correctly. Thanks.

Please excuse me for butting in here, but in reading this thread, I think I've learned something about Android apps that I did not realize earlier, that might be at the root of "Galaxy"'s issue.

I currently own one tablet (a Toshiba Thrive 10") but I'm considering purchasing another tablet in the near future. If I do purchase another unit, will I need to purchase another copy of MobileSheets if I want to run the app on each of my tablets? Or does a single purchase of the app give me access to it on each device I own? (I wouldn't use both tablets at the same time.)

("Galaxy" mentions that he has the app installed on multiple devices, but he doesn't say whether he purchased a separate license for each device.)
It actually depends on where you purchase the app. Both Google and Amazon tie your purchases to your account, so all of your devices get access to those purchases. SlideME's licensing model is different though, and depends upon uniquely identifying individual devices. I haven't found an obvious answer yet as to whether you can tie multiple devices to one account and share purchases. I will have to contact SlideME about this to get additional information.
(11-22-2012, 07:16 PM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]Can you not pass the license check with the note even with wi-fi access? I believe SlideME tracks licenses per device, so if you purchased MobileSheets on each device, you should be able to get past the license check. In the meantime, I should be able to use your screenshot to get enough information to add your Note to the exclusion list.

My Note is working normal now, I guess because you have added it to the exception list. Thanks but this license re-checking is so troublesome. I cannot remember if I had the 24 hr grace period or not as I used my GT more often. I might have had but this is not the issue here.
FWIW, I've just updated to Kitkat and experienced this problem, trying both fresh installs from the Playstore and backups from Titanium. After a search, I found this resolved the issue:

Go to: Settings > apps > all > Google Services Framework > clear data.
Then clear data/cache for the Play Store.

Reboot, and go to the Play Store, you'll then need to give the usual permissions again.