MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Custom Genres? Tags?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I downloaded the free version of MobileSheets today to evaluate before buying the full version. I'm a professional classical musician with a new Nexus 10 looking for a great tool to organize my scanned music with. I understand my needs may be a little outside of what this program may be intended for.

I'm looking to scan in my collection of solos, etudes, methods, excerpts, orchestral parts, etc. and be able to categorize them accordingly by composer, edition, or whatever. Maybe it's not a feature I'm looking for but maybe a viable solution to my problem or perhaps a program more suited to my needs.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, it seems I have spoken too soon; I have found the Custom Genres button. Is there any way to remove the preexisting ones?
Hello,

There is not a way to currently remove existing genres. This is something I plan to add in a future update, along with the ability to specify multiple genres per song, and new fields like Composer. Custom genres is indeed one way to add new categories.

Mike
(01-09-2013, 05:31 PM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

There is not a way to currently remove existing genres. This is something I plan to add in a future update, along with the ability to specify multiple genres per song, and new fields like Composer. Custom genres is indeed one way to add new categories.

Mike

I look forward to seeing those. After spending some time last night with the companion program and figuring other things out (rather than prematurely posting on the forums) I've grown to like the program for what it is. If development continues like I see it has after going through the news/updates part of the site then I will most certainly be purchasing it!
I just had a thought - would it be possible to add an "Instrument" field?
Believe it or not, there used to be an instrument field, but because of limited screen space and a large number of requests for a custom field, I replaced it. When I redo the library to add support for additional fields, I will be reintroducing the instrument field.