MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: hipstreet flare 9" tablet HS-9DTB4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, does any one know if the above tablet is compatible with Music Sheets?I`ve tried downloading it several times.It starts to down load and the just stops without any notification.
Oh the operating system is Android ver. 4.2.2.
I`ve spoken with HipStreet but they are not much help
I had ver 4.2.2 on my tablet, worked with no problems. Have you tried downloading something else onto your tablet from the same source?
Looking at a couple of reviews for this tablet seems to indicate the PlayStore is not pre-loaded. If so, how did you download MS?
(04-14-2015, 03:08 AM)Skip Wrote: [ -> ]I had ver 4.2.2 on my tablet, worked with no problems. Have you tried downloading something else onto your tablet from the same source?

Hi Skip,many thanks for your reply.The truth is i`m not too with Android and tablets.
I was looking for a sheet music reader using Google on my laptop and I found Mobile sheets.

I then looked it up on my Hipstreet tablet Google browser and hit the "down load" button.It trys to down load it and then giives up without any notifications?

I went back to my laptop  (windows) and just gave it try from there and it least then it came back with "no device found" probably because it was not Android?

I did manage to down load Companion to my laptop.

Regards Johnm
(04-14-2015, 11:12 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at a couple of reviews for this tablet seems to indicate the PlayStore is not pre-loaded.  If so, how did you download MS?

Hi Graeme, As I said I haven`t down loaded MS yet. I found it on my tablet through Google and hit the download button for the evaluation or free copy ,it trys to download it but gives up without any notifications?

Your reply seems to infer that I need Play Store to download it .Please can you advise me where and how I can download this?AS just about OK with my Laptop,but this Android tablet seems to be a whole new ball game
Regards Jonm
Android is certainly a new ball game - I had the same problems when I bought my first Android device. However, you'll soon get the hang of it. I think the first thing you have to understand is that Android is highly configurable by the tablet supplier and unlike Windows or Apple based systems, the basic package can vary greatly - not all Android devices are equal!

As I said in my last post, I believe your tablet does not come with Play Store pre-installed, which is why you are having a problem downloading MS. Since finding a Play Store that will work with your tablet could be a problem (you could try searching on the net for one, this link might point you in the right direction - http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/hs...sue.55462/ - but, as a new user, you probably won't want to get involved in flashing a new ROM).

Instead, I suggest that you go to SlideMe (using your tablet's browser) at http://slideme.org/ . Register (free) and then download and install their SAM applications manager. Once you've doe all that, you can download MS from their site (I know it's there because that's from where I first got it).

Thinking about it, I seem to remember, when I was looking for the specs for your tablet, that one of the photographs showed the SlideMe icon on its screen, so you may already have that installed.
(04-14-2015, 08:09 PM)GraemeJHi Thanks again for your prompt reply,I`ll try what you`ve suggested and i`ll report back,if that`s OK .Regards Johnm Wrote: [ -> ]Android is certainly a new ball game - I had the same problems when I bought my first Android device.  However, you'll soon get the hang of it.  I think the first thing you have to understand is that Android is highly configurable by the tablet supplier and unlike Windows or Apple based systems, the basic package can vary greatly - not all Android devices are equal!

As I said in my last post, I believe your tablet does not come with Play Store pre-installed, which is why you are having a problem downloading MS.  Since finding a Play Store that will work with your tablet could be a problem (you could try searching on the net for one, this link might point you in the right direction - http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/hs...sue.55462/ - but, as a new user, you probably won't want to get involved in flashing a new ROM).

Instead,  I suggest that you go to SlideMe (using your tablet's browser) at http://slideme.org/ .  Register (free) and then download and install their SAM  applications manager.  Once you've doe all that, you can download MS from their site (I know it's there because that's from where I first got it).

Thinking about it, I seem to remember, when I was looking for the specs for your tablet, that one of the photographs showed the SlideMe icon on its screen, so you may already have that installed.
(04-14-2015, 10:21 PM)johnm Hi Graeme.WEll i`ve managed to download it, somehow it appeared in my down loads? anyway I`ve  activated it and I`ll  try my hand at downloading some songs from my computer using companion.Presumably I can use slideme/sam to download the full version? after paying the fee?Regards Johnm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2015, 08:09 PM)GraemeJHi Thanks again for your prompt reply,I`ll try what you`ve suggested and i`ll report back,if that`s OK .Regards Johnm Wrote: [ -> ]Android is certainly a new ball game - I had the same problems when I bought my first Android device.  However, you'll soon get the hang of it.  I think the first thing you have to understand is that Android is highly configurable by the tablet supplier and unlike Windows or Apple based systems, the basic package can vary greatly - not all Android devices are equal!

As I said in my last post, I believe your tablet does not come with Play Store pre-installed, which is why you are having a problem downloading MS.  Since finding a Play Store that will work with your tablet could be a problem (you could try searching on the net for one, this link might point you in the right direction - http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/hs...sue.55462/ - but, as a new user, you probably won't want to get involved in flashing a new ROM).

Instead,  I suggest that you go to SlideMe (using your tablet's browser) at http://slideme.org/ .  Register (free) and then download and install their SAM  applications manager.  Once you've doe all that, you can download MS from their site (I know it's there because that's from where I first got it).

There are two versions of MS available on SlideMe - the free version (which is limited to the number of charts you can import, but has all the features enabled so you can test it out in full) and the paid-for version, which has no limitations.

Mobile Sheets Pro has just been released (literally, just) and as I write, as far as I can see, that is only available from Google Play Store, although I presume Mike will also make it available on SlideMe over the next few days.  MSPro has many more features, but playing around with MS will still teach you the basics.
(04-14-2015, 11:29 PM)johnm Hi Graeme.well after 4 hours I`ve had to admit defeat in trying to connect my tablet to  Companion on my laptop.The only way I can transfer Pdf sheets from my laptop is to connect via USB  and transfer the files to the tablet main files without using Companion and then transfer from the now internal files to Mobile Sheets.I`ve tried to connect Companion via Usb and Wifi trying all the tricks suggested i.e toggling the wifi on the tablet switching off /on the programme.,ensuring USB debugging is on etc.When I load up Companion on my laptop it immediately comes up with an error message saying nothing is connected to USB ports,despite the tablet being connected. I have to delete the message before I can get the first page up showing" not connected".The tablet just sits there with "waiting for connection to PC" IP address 192.168.0.10 Companion help function takes to me to an error 404" page does not exist".I`ve downloaded the manual seperately but thee dosen`t seem to be any refernce to USB? Can you offer any advice i`m getting really frustrated!Regards Johnm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2015, 10:21 PM)johnm Hi Graeme.WEll i`ve managed to download it, somehow it appeared in my down loads? anyway I`ve  activated it and I`ll  try my hand at downloading some songs from my computer using companion.Presumably I can use slideme/sam to download the full version? after paying the fee?Regards Johnm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2015, 08:09 PM)GraemeJHi Thanks again for your prompt reply,I`ll try what you`ve suggested and i`ll report back,if that`s OK .Regards Johnm Wrote: [ -> ]Android is certainly a new ball game - I had the same problems when I bought my first Android device.  However, you'll soon get the hang of it.  I think the first thing you have to understand is that Android is highly configurable by the tablet supplier and unlike Windows or Apple based systems, the basic package can vary greatly - not all Android devices are equal!

There are two versions of Companion - one for MS and one for MSPro.  These are not interchangeable/compatible and I'm wondering if you have the right combination of app and Companion?

I have both versions of Companion and they each work fine with their respective version of MS/MSPro.
(04-15-2015, 03:48 AM)GraemeJ Wrote: [ -> ]There are two versions of Companion - one for MS and one for MSPro.  These are not interchangeable/compatible and I'm wondering if you have the right combination of app and Companion?

I have both versions of Companion and they each work fine with their respective version of MS/MSPro.

Hi Graeme, How can I tell the difference?
 After spending so much time on this I`m really fed up.I`m thinking of deleting both programmes,reloading and giving it one last chance.
There is one thing mentioned in the forum that struck a chord, that avast anti virus had reported a threat and moved some data to the "chest".Now I remember mine did the same the same x2 yesterday but I didn`t take notice of the threat string?
Companion comes up with an error message immediately  I try to load it "no device fond on any usb port and when I cancel it the programme loads but refuses to allow alterations in the "connections" tab,it`s stuck in USB.
 Mobile Sheets is stuck in a loop trying to load a song.
Regards Johnm
Starting from scratch is the right way to go, as you seem to have got into a bit of a pickle with this. As far as I'm aware, nobody else has ever reported problems such as thisand installation seems to have been a breeze for most users.

Both Companion versions may be downloaded from here - http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/companion.html - the latest version for the original MS is 1.5.6, the version for MSPro is 1.6.3. I'm still not sure which version of MS you have, but the original version has a green icon and the latest (MSPro) is blue. Just download the relative Companion.

I've never experienced any problems with virus detection, but I don't run Avast. Someone else might be able to help here, but I can state that there are no risks associated with MS, MSPro or either of the Companions.
I'm really sorry you've been running into so many issues John. Have you looked at the new manual yet for connecting the companion to the tablet? I put instructions in there for how to set it up.

Having said that, you absolutely do not want to use USB to connect the two. You need to tap the Wi-Fi symbol on the tablet sync screen, and you need to go to Connection->Connect Using USB on the companion and make sure that option is NOT checked. Once you are connecting with wifi, you should at least see the popup window. The very first thing you should do is ensure that you either don't have anti-virus software running or disable the firewall component. Also ensure that Windows Firewall is not blocking MobileSheetsCompanion in Windows. If none of that helps, try rebooting your router, as this can fix some odd issues.

Mike
Hi Greame I `ve finally got this thing to work,but only on wi fi! I deleted and reloaded Companion and that got rid of the "permanently stuck in usb".Booted up my tablet and it connected first time!.Tried in several times just to make sure, switching it off and on etc and it was fine.
Loaded some pdf`s into the Companion and they transferred ok into the tablet.Also tried deleting and that worked.ok
However, I tried the usb and that was a disaster just, stubbornly refuses to connect. and also messes up the "connection"tab selections .Stuck in usb mode! I had to reboot the Companion and the MS several times to enable auto wifi connections.,which is now working again.
Any ideas on the usb problem,ican manage without it but it would be nice to know what the problem is.
Also,is there any other method of getting the pdf sheets from my hard drive into Companion,cut and paste ?
i`m not too up on the dragging and dropping.I`ve always limited it to folders on the same screen.with this i had to pick the pdf up drag it to the bottom screen bar ,this then minimised the source folder and i was able to drop it on the main icon screen i then had to maximise Companion,reduce it with the handle till I could see the icon screen ,pick it up from there and drop it into Companion.
I`m sure the`s a simpler way which some of you whizz kids could advise me on.
Regards Johnm
Pages: 1 2