MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Getting sheet music onto PC...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am just beginning to use this Mobilesheets and unsure how to save music onto my PC that I can transfer to the mobilesheets companion...I search for music on Ultimate Guitar, or Chordie, and try to copy/paste into my documents as a word file, but wonder if I need a special program I have to save the music into?Undecided
You need to save your documents as .pdf files or as images in order to import them into MS.
OpenOffice or LibreOffice has "Export to PDF" in its File menu

-K
Check wikifonia.org

There are thousands of tunes that are legally downloaded for free. I'm not quite certain how the foundation that supports the site does what it does but it is all legal and free. The downoaded files look great. Also, a bonus feature is that if you want a tune in a different than the original the site will transpose it on the fly, chords and all.

I will often go to the site from my tablet, download a pdf file and import the tune into Mobile Sheets.
I went on that site, wikifonia.org, and found some songs i would like to download, but am stuck...how do I open up the song? it seems like I have to "request" it from the user...

(01-31-2013, 11:08 AM)bsachais Wrote: [ -> ]Check wikifonia.org

There are thousands of tunes that are legally downloaded for free. I'm not quite certain how the foundation that supports the site does what it does but it is all legal and free. The downoaded files look great. Also, a bonus feature is that if you want a tune in a different than the original the site will transpose it on the fly, chords and all.

I will often go to the site from my tablet, download a pdf file and import the tune into Mobile Sheets.
(02-03-2013, 12:55 AM)Bonnie Wrote: [ -> ]I went on that site, wikifonia.org, and found some songs i would like to download, but am stuck...how do I open up the song? it seems like I have to "request" it from the user...

Hi Bonnie,

At Wikifonia you do not have to make requests. You may be thinking of a site "Pianofiles" where that is the case.

Wikifonia:

1. Top of page enter in Search area...enter name of tune or artist in the appropriate box.

2. Click on "Go" and a list of hits will show.

3. Click on the tune you want.

4.To the right click on "Download" and the tune is downloaded as a .pdf

5. Under the "download" you can even click on "transpose" and choose the key to transpose to. The melody and the chords are transposed.

Hope this helps.

Atwood

Hello. I am also a beginner of mobile-sheets and I have the following reviews regarding your problem.
(02-03-2013, 04:59 AM)bsachais Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2013, 12:55 AM)Bonnie Wrote: [ -> ]I went on that site, wikifonia.org, and found some songs i would like to download, but am stuck...how do I open up the song? it seems like I have to "request" it from the user...

Hi Bonnie,

At Wikifonia you do not have to make requests. You may be thinking of a site "Pianofiles" where that is the case.

Wikifonia:

1. Top of page enter in Search area...enter name of tune or artist in the appropriate box.

2. Click on "Go" and a list of hits will show.

3. Click on the tune you want.

4.To the right click on "Download" and the tune is downloaded as a .pdf

5. Under the "download" you can even click on "transpose" and choose the key to transpose to. The melody and the chords are transposed.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
I'm very new to this and found this very helpful in getting my first song loaded! My tablet (Google Nexus 10) doesn't show the song on wikifonia as flash is not supported, but the download worked well once I found where it had been downloaded too! Is there some way of actually displaying the song on wikifonia other than flash?
Thanks
Chris