MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Signatures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the intended purpose for the 'Signatures' field? The manual seems to point at time signatures but I cannot find a relation in the program.

Related: How to specify 'cut time' (alla breve) 2/2 in the metronome settings?
I have all my actual time signatures defined as well as common time and cut time.  

In addition, within the signature field I include different rhythms (hornpipe, strathspey, jig, etc).  I then check off 2 items in time signature so that I can easily distinguish different rhythms with the same time signature (4/4 reel, vs 4/4 strathspey, vs 4/4 hornpipe).

Don't know if there's a better way of doing this but it seems to work for me.  I guess you could put the rhythm in a custom field
(05-28-2015, 11:53 PM)Harper Wrote: [ -> ]I have all my actual time signatures defined as well as common time and cut time. 
How did you define 2/2 in the metronome? It accepts only 4 and 8 in the denominator.
Isn't cut time 2/4, not 2/2?
(05-29-2015, 04:32 AM)Skip Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't cut time 2/4, not 2/2?

cut time is 2/2
If being able to select 2/2 would be valuable to you, I can certainly add support for that.
Yes, just for the sake of completeness. No hurry.