MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Anomaly when specifying range of pages in PDF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again, this is Snard, your friendly bug reporter Smile

I noticed this oddness today when I was showing a fellow choir member how to create individual songs from a multi-song PDF file (e.g. by creating multiple songs that point to the same PDF, specifying a range of pages, but unchecking the "Copy PDF/image files" box before hitting "Save"). This worked fine, but I discovered something funny when I edited a previously saved song. The ending page number that it shows for the saved song is wrong; in some cases, it's displaying a number that would be past the end of the book. However, it only seems to do this if I specify a page range of one (i.e. the starting and ending page are the same). If there are 2 or more pages in the range, then the numbers displayed are correct.

The first time I observed this, it was on the aforementioned very large (172 page) PDF, but I've since duplicated the issue on a 3-page song. If I set the starting and ending page to 2, save the song and then re-edit it, it tells me the starting page number is 2, and the ending page is 4! However, if I try to edit the ending page number, as soon as I tap + or -, it immediately corrects, and won't let me choose a value greater than 3 (or less than the starting page)

I should mention that despite this display anomaly, I can make other changes to the file in the editor and save without any problems, and when I am viewing the song, it displays the correct pages and won't let me scroll before the beginning or past the end of my page segment.

If for some reason you can't find a PDF that does this for you, I would be happy to send you one; just let me know.

Thanks!
- Mike
Hi Snard,
This is exactly the thing I've reported in the past:
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...hp?tid=156
I included reproducing steps + sent an example pdf to Mike.
Probably this wasn't reproducable or it has been forgotten in the stress of annotations Smile

Cheers daL
Thanks for bringing this to my attention again guys. There is a large backlog of things to fix, so I apologize for not getting to this sooner. I'll make sure it gets fixed for this next minor update I'm working on.
Hi Mike,

Many thanks for all fixes you've made available today!
The page range fix works perfectly.

Cheers daL
You are very welcome daLoone. Thanks for your patience - it took me too long to fix that bug. Longer than it should have.