MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Companion 1.4.3 now fails to render pdfs [FIXED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, if I try to edit a song, a form comes up but with a blank bit where the pdf should be rendered, and a message about not being able to render page 1, then page 2.......

Applies to existing songs and and any new pdfs added or dragged into the window. Thankfully the pdf is still displayed and handled OK in the app on the tablet.
There seems to be an issue with the upgrade process. If you uninstall and then reinstall, it should fix the issue. I'll try to figure out what's going on.
I fixed the issue with the upgrade and bumped the version number. It was a file version issue - the installer didn't see me change a version number on a file and was trying to be really smart by not replacing it. Sometimes Microsoft tries to help too much Smile
(02-27-2013, 03:26 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed the issue with the upgrade and bumped the version number. It was a file version issue - the installer didn't see me change a version number on a file and was trying to be really smart by not replacing it. Sometimes Microsoft tries to help too much Smile
Thanks for the speedy fix.
I just installed 1.4.4 and did a quick test run of the convert from PDF function - bravo! The page subset function looks very nice, and I was able to extract all 172 pages of my large PDF file at 2500 high without a hitch.

Thanks very much!
You are quite welcome. Thanks for the wonderful suggestions (and the help you provide all over the forums).

Mike