MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Mass edit and Orchestra field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, here are two functions I'm looking for in MobileSheets:
  • Mass edit. Assigning the same value to a large number of fields, but also moving values from on field to another. For example the contents from Artist to Composer. Perhaps this functionality is already planned in “New Way of Handling Artists, Albums, Genres”?
  • A field containing Orchestra/Choir. Since I am a member in several, it would be nice to keep sheets organized accordingly.
Sincerely
Frank
(07-09-2015, 02:14 AM)FrankS Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, here are two functions I'm looking for in MobileSheets:
  • A field containing Orchestra/Choir. Since I am a member in several, it would be nice to keep sheets organized accordingly.

This is where I currently use collectons for.

Mike is working on a facility to support separate databases, which would be even more powerful in organizing. So you can have a databse for one choir, one for another, and so on,
Thanks for your replay, Johan

It seems Mike has some very interesting things going on with MobileSheets.

To answer you comment, I prefer not to use collections the way you suggested. For most part, I use collections for each of the productions I'm in, since collections has features that serves so well for that purpose.

The field Artist may in my opinion, be a good choise for choir/orchestra. Unfortunately, the old version of MobileSheets used Artist for composers/arrangers etc. I.e., I must edit this information, which at this point must me done manually. With 500+ sheets, that is rather time consuming. I tried using batch import, but the new version doesn’t try to guess composer/artist yet.

/FrankS
Can you not use the custom category for Orchestra/Choir? You can change the name in the settings and then use that field as you would like.

I am going to be adding a batch edit dialog to make it easier to modify multiple songs at once. Moving values from one category to another is not one I've committed to yet though because it doesn't make sense for any category except Artist->Composer that I've found. With a batch edit dialog, you could easily remove all of the artist values and then assign them all to a composer though, so that might be good enough.
Hi Mike.
Thanks for your reply.

I certainly can use custom category as you suggested – it will work for me.

A batch dialogue could be very useful, but how about implementing the “Use subdirectories for meta-data (Artist/Album/Genre)” for batch import, like the old MobilSheets? That would solve much of the problems. Then, having different orchestras separated in different folders during import, one could use a pre-set value for, lets say optional to denote Orch/Choir? That’s pretty much how I used the old version of MobileSheets and it worked beautifully. I will loose my annotations of course, but I can live with that. Smile

/FrankS