MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Backup hangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

could not complete any backup. I am running the actual version 4.0.6. If i backup up via Companion the process hangs randomly. The last times it hangs at 100% but doesn't comes to an end.

regards
I'll check into this. Looks like I have to make a v4.0.7 anyways to address a couple other bugs, so I'll try to fix whatever is going on.
How large is your library? I backed up my test library which is currently 700 MB using the companion without any issues. Do I need to add more files to reproduce the error?
Please excuse me for "butting in" but the software tester in me notices that ClarkRumble never mentioned [a] what version of Windows he is running, [b] what tablet and Android version he has, and [c] what market he bought his app on. Any of these could have a bearing on reproducing the issue.

Unless maybe Clark has already passed this information along in a Bugzilla post Smile

(goes back in his corner)
(03-16-2013, 11:10 PM)Snard Wrote: [ -> ]Please excuse me for "butting in" but the software tester in me notices that ClarkRumble never mentioned [a] what version of Windows he is running, [b] what tablet and Android version he has, and [c] what market he bought his app on. Any of these could have a bearing on reproducing the issue.

Unless maybe Clark has already passed this information along in a Bugzilla post Smile

(goes back in his corner)

Shame on me, I understand .. Blush

[a] Windows Vista SP2
[b] Fujitsu M532 Tablet,, Android 4.1.1
[c] bought MSheets on Google Market

My database is about 230MB, contaiiing pdf's, images and mp3, stored on the external sdcard.

Regards
I've made about 8 backups using the companion using several different libraries, containing PDFs, images and audio files, stored both in the default location and on my external SD card. No matter what I do, the backup always seems to complete successfully. It would be helpful to know if anyone else is experiencing any issues making backups with the companion app.
For today, the backups works properly. May be the tablet's system was stressed or whatever went wrong?

Thanks for your investigation.

Only a remark: during backup, the "kB remaining" shows "< 5 MB" which is correct for the actual song, but not for the whole backup. But, this doesn't really matter.

Regards
The kb remaining is per song. If most of your songs use files that are less than 5MB in size, this field will never appear to change. If a large file appears, you will see it count down the remaining bytes. This is by design. The progress bar provides overall status. I can't know the size of the backup file beforehand without a lot of calculation, and I wanted to avoid the delay that would be incurred by scanning through every file to obtain their sizes before starting the backup.