MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Songs are not showing up in Companion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I connect to tablet, the songs are not showing up in the companion.

[I have to say, whenever there is a new version of the Companion, I do not know what to do in terms of uninstalling the earlier version etc.]

But, it seems to run, but no songs up up in the Companion.

Jeff
The companion is supposed to overwrite/replace the existing version. It may not be a bad idea to completely uninstall it from add/remove programs and install the new version if you happen see multiple entries.

As far as songs not showing up, you have version 1.2.1 on the tablet, correct? I'm not sure where to get started with reproducing this error, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,
Mike
The latest version of the COmpanion is on the Mobilesheets website?
Here is some information that may be helpful.

I am pretty positive I was using the latest version of Mobilesheets Pro on my tablet, but I'll double check when I get home.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Companion.  I had turned the tablet off and on.

Incidentally, when I tried to download MS Companion  Pro from the MS site, Avast blocked it.  So, I had to disable Avast to download the Companion.

I was able to download and launch it.  It recognized the tablet.  It seemed to sync, but no songs showed up in the Companion.  The message on the tablet indicated that it successfully transferred all the data (it gave a pretty big number of data that was successfully transferred--which seemed to reflect the size of the song data base).  

Maybe it went to a different location that the Companion did not recognize?

When I close out of the Companion, my screen had an error message it could not install because "msvcr100.dll was not found".

[Note: There is an uninstall from the MS Pro program file and another one in add/remove programs. Which should be used ?]

Ahh, possibly important, my OS is Windows XP.

Jeff
Any suggestions on this, Mike?

Add mscr100.dll to folder with installer?

Use regdit to make sure everything is uninstalled and try again? (I don't have a clue, just throwing out stuff).

Jeff
Can you try uninstalling any MS Pro companion you see, and then try the .msi version of the installer here: www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/MobileSheetsProCompanion.msi

I'm going to load up my XP virtual image to see it works properly for me.

Mike
I don't seem to have any problems connecting or viewing files on Windows XP.
(10-23-2015, 06:50 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]Can you try uninstalling any MS Pro companion you see, and then try the .msi version of the installer here:  www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/MobileSheetsProCompanion.msi

I'm going to load up my XP virtual image to see it works properly for me.

Mike

Thanks, Mike.  I have an evening meeting.  When I get home I will try this.

Jeff
I removed MS Pro using add/remove programs. I could not find any other instance. I also deleted any old installers I found.

MS Pro v. 1.2.1
MS Pro Companion Version v. 2.1.7 from link provided in this thread.

The Companion again seemed to recognize the MS on the tablet, but no data (songs, collections, etc.) was shown in the Companion.

The last line of the tablet reads: 1676288 bytes successfully sent for file:/data/data/.com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/databases/mobilesheets.db

Bummin. . . .

Jeff
I'll keep trying to reproduce the problem. There has to be something in your library that is causing an error in the code, so I just have to figure out what that is.

Mike
Thanks, Mike, are you know you get very dependent on the program.  It's difficult not to have access to the Companion.

But, you should know everything was working fine prior to the new version.  So, not sure how these interact.
(10-23-2015, 02:07 PM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]I'll keep trying to reproduce the problem. There has to be something in your library that is causing an error in the code, so I just have to figure out what that is.

Mike

So, Mike you are pretty sure there is a problem with my data base on my tablet?

Over the weekend, I will see how the updated MS Pro/Companion works on my backup tablet.  Hopefully it will work fine.

If so, I will restore to the latest backup I performed on the Companion (shortly before the update).  Thankfully, I have made few, if any changes since that back up.

Then, I will know I have a working tablet that works with the Companion.

If that works, I will restore that same data base to my "main" tablet (the one we have been discussing).

Finger crossed. 

(I think a similar issue arose last time you updated the Companion.  I think something glitches when I update to a new version. One suspicion I have is maybe the glitch is cause because I use a shortcut on my desktop.  So, maybe I try to use the old short cut and something happens?)

Jeff
I don't think there is anything wrong with your library or database. I just think that it's possible the data in your library creates an error condition in the companion application, and I need to find and fix that bug. That's all I have to go on at the moment as everything still appears to work correctly for me.
Mike, here is some additional information, with the hope it might help fix this problem.

I tried to sync the Companion with my backup tablet.  It behaved the same way as my first tablet.  I appeared to sync, but no data (songs, etc.) showed up in the Companion.

Then I tried to restore from a backup I had created before the new version of MS Pro came out.

It seemed to restore the backup okay, with some caveats.  From the perspective of the tablet unpacked all the songs, seemed to restore fine and disconnected.

But, I got an error in the Companion that read:  "Mobilesheet Pro Companion has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."  But, the little window underneath the error message seemed to show all the data was transferred.

It seemed like as the songs were restored to the tablet and the tablet seemed to work fine.

Then, I again tried to sync with the tablet.  Again, no data showed up in the Companion.

Then I tried to create a backup from the tablet.  The Companion gave the following message:  "The backup has failed.  There may be problems with the tablet backing up the files or a connection problem."

The tablet gave the following message:  "Stopping library back up and sending cancellation acknowledgment."

If there is anything you want me to try (or send you a file) over the weekend, let me know.
Jeff, browsing through the code, I did find one way that it would be possible for the song list to be empty. Do me a favor, delete the MobileSheetsCompanion directory under %APPDATA%. Then load up the application again and see if a "columns.xml" is created. If not, the companion app is unable to create configuration files in that directory for some reason. It may be worth trying to run with admin privileges if you aren't currently. Let me know if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Mike
Pages: 1 2