MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: More options for apply to for cuts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think more options to apply the cuts to pages of the song would be useful.

- current + next page
- current + next to next page
- all odd pages in song
- all even pages in song

If we have a scan from a book the scan often isn't centered but tilting more to the right or the left side (know what I mean?). One cut could well apply to all the odd or even pages.

(And to copy the cut of the current page to the next one or the one after could be useful, too).
That's definitely an interesting idea. The "Apply To" field is currently saved for all songs though, so hopefully people wouldn't forget what they've selected and get confused when cropping is suddenly applied to different pages than they expected. I might need to make the current setting more visible than it currently is (i.e. text in the corner that is hidden when adjusting the crop box).
If the apply to field is always for all songs it's indeed confusing. I assumed that it would only apply to the current song and am glad I didn't use it accidentally yet.I think you should change that or warn about it.
I think you may have misunderstood me. I just meant to say that whatever you select for "Apply To" is not saved per song - it's just a global setting. The cropping is only applied to the current song though. If you load some other song, the same "Apply To" setting will be set, as it's not saved per song, and I really would prefer not to save something like that per song as it would require another database field to track it and it seems like that's overkill.

Mike
Yup, I misunderstood. IMHO it's not critical if it's saved as a global setting.

(Actually in a similar vain, I'd like MSP to remember some last states or settings more. For instance I think it would be more convenient if MSP remembers in which last tab you've been in the Edit window (Metadata, File etc.) and opens that one the next time).
If you can put together a list of things you want saved, I can certainly consider them. As for changing the song editor starting tab, that's something I would really like to get feedback from more users on. Right now, it defaults to the "Fields" tab when editing an existing song, and the "Files" tab when creating a new song, as I think the most common action is to add a file first.

Thanks,
Mike
(01-14-2016, 03:43 PM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]If you can put together a list of things you want saved, I can certainly consider them. As for changing the song editor starting tab, that's something I would really like to get feedback from more users on. Right now, it defaults to the "Fields" tab when editing an existing song, and the "Files" tab when creating a new song, as I think the most common action is to add a file first.
Maybe there can be a collective effort for a list. For now I just I'm just posting my ideas as I get more acquainted with MSP and encounter the tasks and problems.
I'm still in the phase of setting it up, importing songs, formatting and cutting them. My experience (for now) is that I for now mostly am changing page order, cutting and whiting out some passages, workinng in "batches". So I mostly switch between the song editor to the files tab for now. 
This may and will certainly change and be different for others. But I think it's more economical to remember the last tab for such batch editing and not much of a bother to switch to another tab as the remembered one if necessary for later single edits.
"Right now, it defaults to the "Fields" tab when editing an existing song, and the "Files" tab when creating a new song, as I think the most common action is to add a file first"

This is perfect for me.