MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Print set list -- Titles only?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now, thanks to help from folks here, I can print charts from a set list. 

What about just a list of titles? And, if I may be so bold, the text notes associated with each song? I have some players still using paper, and they need the info from the notes.
(08-07-2016, 01:44 AM)spencer Wrote: [ -> ]Now, thanks to help from folks here, I can print charts from a set list. 

What about just a list of titles?  And, if I may be so bold, the text notes associated with each song? I have some players still using paper, and they need the info from the notes.

One answer to my own question is to use screenshots. Not elegant but any port in a storm. Also works for Notes, the text you enter at the dialog opened by that little clipboard icon in the top left of the Song Overlay.
I don't think there's a need for printing a title list (i presume from other group windows?)
After all you can quickly make a setlist to print which is nothing else.

I thought there would be a way to print setlist notes with the setlist but seemingly not. So that's a valid request.

Another way than a screenshot would be a copy all from the edit screen and paste it in some text or messenger app to get it to your mates.
The list of titles can be generated by long pressing a setlist and selecting "Generate Song List". If you want to get the text notes from each song, there is no easy way to do that at the moment. You are the first person to request that, so I'd need to add something to handle that.
(08-08-2016, 04:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]The list of titles can be generated by long pressing a setlist and selecting "Generate Song List".  If you want to get the text notes from each song, there is no easy way to do that at the moment.  You are the first person to request that, so I'd need to add something to handle that.

That would be great. Its purpose is to communicate with my band mates, so for me email would usually be the first choice, Dropbox or Google Drive second. So I guess that your list of options for "Generate Song List" would work fine. Someday I'll tell my grandchildren, "In my day we had to use screenshots for that."
(08-08-2016, 04:02 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]The list of titles can be generated by long pressing a setlist and selecting "Generate Song List".  If you want to get the text notes from each song, there is no easy way to do that at the moment.  You are the first person to request that, so I'd need to add something to handle that.
I'm not making this a request, but you can add me to a list of people who might find this useful. Someone else creates our setlists with tune names, key, number of times, instruments, and arrangement. If I could easily do that in a way that was formatted, with the existing fields, I would consider taking that on. I would assume that the arrangement field would have to be the text notes. 

By formatted, I mean a table, or a text file that could be easily converted to a table in Word (presumably on my desktop computer).
You could use the custom group or the custom fields for instruments and arrangements (or reuse one of the existing groups that you do not need for its original purpose)

If you choose tab or colon as separator in "generate song list format" the generated file can be easily imported into Excel or LibreOffice Calc by opening as CSV
(09-22-2017, 09:37 PM)itsme Wrote: [ -> ]You could use the custom group or the custom fields for instruments and arrangements (or reuse one of the existing groups that you do not need for its original purpose)

Thank you, @itsme. I might be misunderstanding, but I think these fields all have fixed values, from which one selects a value. The arrangements are text instructions, like "Violins in second A, accordion in second time; all shout 'hey' on third time". I don't think fields work for that kind of thing, where there isn't any standard selection to be made. 

That's helpful to know to look for the field delimiter for the output.
The custom group works like the predefined groups: you can define texts that make a list to select from. The custom fields are just text fields to be edited. For longer texts like that in your example not convenient enough.