MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Synchronize with existing backup file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A complete backup of my MSP-database takes about 45 minutes using the companion with WLAN connection. It would be great to have the possibility just to synchronize the changes in MSP with a backup file. I think, that would be much faster.
Agreed. Mike and I discussed the use of incremental and/or differential backups a long time ago (before MSP). At the time, I think there were more important issues on hand (including MSP, of course) and it never went anywhere.

Maybe it's time to re-visit this?
Incremental backups are still on my TODO list. I just haven't had time to focus on it yet (like a lot of requested features). Only so much time in a day I'm afraid...
Add my vote for incremental back-up as well as incremental restore (aka SYNC).

With five tablets in the house, making sure they all have the same version of everything is a major PITA (with the necessity to 'restore' the entire database on four of them).
Depending on the workflow, the option to have multiple databases would be helpful as well.
Synchronizing the song files and MobileSheets.db separately might also be worth consideration. AgainĀ  depending on your workflow and computer infrastructure.
(09-27-2016, 04:22 PM)Vibraphon Wrote: [ -> ]A complete backup of my MSP-database takes about 45 minutes using the companion with WLAN connection. It would be great to have the possibility just to synchronize the changes in MSP with a backup file. I think, that would be much faster.

If there's sufficient space on your tablet, I suggest you create the BU file there, copy to your PC and delete the file from tablet again. A library of few GB will consume 5-8 minutes, total.