MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Keys not changing to flats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I suppose it is just a personal preference, but I like to show keys in flats, instead of sharps. I was having to transpose a song this morning and was unable to display the flats. In other words, the key should have been Db and it insisted on showing C#. Even choosing flats in the transpose screen didn't take effect.
Although not a great concern to me - I'm not a great fan of Chordpro - I do agree that I would rather see flats than sharps for most things.
I run into this occasionally. Isn't the flats/sharps toggle supposed to control this?
(10-31-2016, 07:15 PM)sciurius Wrote: [ -> ]I run into this occasionally. Isn't the flats/sharps toggle supposed to control this?

It used to do exactly that. But it didn't work for me on multiple songs yesterday.
We had lengthy discussions about this feature and I was involved in many of them. Nevertheless it confused me again a while ago, so that I had to think about and search the forum how it is intended to work. This is what I found:
The "b" / "#" buttons only modify the base key when transposing is applied. When "b" is selected, transposing a semi-tone up from the key of C the result is Db, when "#" is selected it is C#.
The buttons  do NOT influence the accidentals of individual chords within the song. Those are only depending on the base key: in "#"-keys like G, D, ... / Em, Bm ... the chords are displayed with #s, in "b"-keys like F, Bb, ... or Dm, Gm, ... the chords are displayed with bs.
For the key of C the decision was to use #s.
That's how it should work. Not perfect in some special cases, but usable.

When verifying my sentences above I noticed a small bug:
Slash chords like C/G are transposed correctly, including the bass tone after the slash. This is not the case if "0" is used instead of "dim" e.g. C0/F#. It seems that "0" is not regarded as part of a regular chord so that it interrupts chord detection and the following bass note is not transposed.
Let me say this. The buttons used to change the flats to sharps and vice versa. It is no longer working for me.
(11-02-2016, 10:14 PM)itsme Wrote: [ -> ]The buttons  do NOT influence the accidentals of individual chords within the song.

I cannot see a reason why not. When you have a key with an accidental (e.g. Db or C#) it works like this. Why not also when there is no accidental?
If you can send me a file that demonstrates the problem, I'll look into it right away.
(11-03-2016, 02:54 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]If you can send me a file that demonstrates the problem, I'll look into it right away.

I assume this is aimed at LD Jackson?
I am at work now , but I will send you a file when I get home .
How do you want me to send the file to yours?
You can just email it to mike@zubersoft.com.
(11-03-2016, 12:32 PM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]You can just email it to mike@zubersoft.com.

Check your email. You should have one chordpro file waiting for you.
I did receive the file, thanks for sending it. I'll look into the problem as soon as I can.
Just responded to your email, but I imported the file (which has a starting key of C), changed the transpose dialog to use flats, and then transposed into Db. Every chord is shown as flat. Am I missing something?
Pages: 1 2