MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Minor Bug In Annotations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello:

When I try to write in and annotation and then try to move the text box to situate it where I want, it seems to shut off the annotations.  I have to re-start the annotation process (cancel and start again).

Jeff
I've run into this myself.
As I recall, the solution is to (somehow) enable a/the 'nudge' feature to move the text box with a bit more precision.
I'm not sure how it's done, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain it...
I can't seem to reproduce this problem. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Does it happen even with a brand new song? If there are specific steps that cause the problem, let me know.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello, Mike:

I am sorry, I don't understand what you mean by a "brand new song".

But, here is what happens. I hit the icon to do annotations and then I click on the "A" to type in an annotation.

Then if I try to move the annotation box, it disappears and I cannot do the annotation. I have to start the process again (and make sure I have the annotation box where I want the annotation). (I can also just complete the annotation, save it, THEN I can go back in and move the annotation).

Jeff
It does appear if you try to move the annotation box before entering any text in it, that it will disappear and no longer function correctly. The Android version works in a somewhat similar fashion - if you move the box before entering text, the annotation won't be created. Is this what you are trying to do? If so, I just implemented fixes so it won't disappear anymore.
(12-19-2016, 04:33 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]It does appear if you try to move the annotation box before entering any text in it, that it will disappear and no longer function correctly.  The Android version works in a somewhat similar fashion - if you move the box before entering text, the annotation won't be created.  Is this what you are trying to do?  If so, I just implemented fixes so it won't disappear anymore.

Yep, I think that's it.  Sometime before I start typing I would like to get the text box in the right place.  So, the fix will be helpful for me.

Thanks, as always!

Jeff