MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Minimum Android version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Mike,
Do you foresee to drop support for older Android versions in the near future? HP Slate 17 is on sale now (199 €) but it's Android 4.4.2, so i wonder if it's worth it.

Thanks
My tablet runs also on Android 4.4. No problem with MSP.
But: IMHO Android 4.4 is the worst of all regarding Android's strange restrictions of write access on external SD cards.
MSPro runs well on Onyx Max on Android 4.0.4:
http://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/...519&page=2
I support all the way down to 2.3. I may start implementing features that only work on 4.0 and higher though, as many libraries make that the minimum supported version.
(01-04-2017, 04:04 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]I support all the way down to 2.3.  I may start implementing features that only work on 4.0 and higher though, as many libraries make that the minimum supported version.
Thanks,

I bought the slate 17 for my wife (organ player), and it's a great device for 200€.
Hi,
were can you by a hp slate 17 foe 199€?
(01-18-2017, 05:56 AM)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
were can you by a hp slate 17 foe 199€?

I don't know if I am allowed to post links to commercial ventures in this forum... There is a chain of shops called HiFi International in Luxembourg.  I don't know if they do any foreign shipping. Contact me by PM if you can't find them.
@MODs: is it OK to post a link to the shop?

Thanks,

Frank
In this instance, I'm okay with it.
(01-18-2017, 06:20 PM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]In this instance, I'm okay with it.

Allright:

Slate at hifi.lu

shipping seems free for this kind of device to .de, .be and .fr (neighbours).
And Germany. Unfortunately, they do not seem to ship to the Netherlands.
Does anybody here use a HP Slate 17 with mobilesheets?
(01-21-2017, 04:52 AM)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody here use a HP Slate 17  with mobilesheets?

My wife does, and she likes it a lot (coming from Hannspad 13'). Apart from the size, the display is much brighter/clearer, and the tablet has more power and is thus more reactive.
Drawing on the screen (annotations) is next to unusable on the Hannspad, works like a charm on the slate.

The battery goes down quicker, though, but that is to be expected on a large screen.