MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: MIDI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've already spoke about this with Mike (admin) directly but I want to share my idea with others. It would be nice to be able to controll MobileSheets app using midi messages from my keyboard and/or to controll my keyboard from MobileSheets - send program change message when new song is selected...

What do others think?
is the idea to use wireless? I am not aware of any midi hardware for android, is there?
If your tablet supports USB-OTG, you can use a lot of different MIDI hardware. I was able to connect M-audio Midisport 1x1 (USB-MIDI device), Arturia Factory (USB keyboard) and a lot of others.
Thanks NeoCZ, I have not needed to try out midi using it. My tablet supports it, so I should try it out. I have not ever looked at midi apps on the Play Store. Can you suggest a sequencer or synth app that might be good to try?

Thinking of this related to MS, would be nice to be able to send it various midi notes or cc etc. on a specific channel, so MS responds in various ways, page turns, start, stop for MP3s, triggering sending a midi dump etc.
I was thinking I could set up something like drum pads (or app on another tablet) to MS. Or a midi sequencer talking directly to MS. Could be interesting.
(06-24-2013, 03:51 PM)bumblebee Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks NeoCZ, I have not needed to try out midi using it. My tablet supports it, so I should try it out. I have not ever looked at midi apps on the Play Store. Can you suggest a sequencer or synth app that might be good to try?

Caustic seems to be good one. But I must say I don't use it very often, just sometimes for fun...
Hi all,

I'm definitely interested in an option to configure MobileSheets through midi.
Reason: if I'm already configuring my keyboard (Tyros3) by selecting a registration,
then I would like my tablet to automatically select the corresponding sheet music.
I've seen this for iPad with another software package and something similar for MobileSheets would be great. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5cPMU_H28M

Greetings,
Henry.
Hi all,

I also would appreciate to have Midi support, so that I could control my Keyboard (Korg PA3x) through MobileSheets. That would be a great feature. Does anybody know if this is planned for future version?

Regards
Markus

(08-02-2013, 01:18 AM)hkompagn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

I'm definitely interested in an option to configure MobileSheets through midi.
Reason: if I'm already configuring my keyboard (Tyros3) by selecting a registration,
then I would like my tablet to automatically select the corresponding sheet music.
I've seen this for iPad with another software package and something similar for MobileSheets would be great. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5cPMU_H28M

Greetings,
Henry.
Yes, it's planned for the future. I just can't give a definite timeline at the moment, as I'm trying to finish up the next release.

Mike
(09-11-2013, 01:33 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's planned for the future. I just can't give a definite timeline at the moment, as I'm trying to finish up the next release.

Mike

Maybe this can help you. I found app that can send MIDI commands to midi devices, maybe developer of this app could share some knowledge about Android and MIDI - https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...controller ;-)
Any chance we can see MIDI support in version 5?
I'm going to have an update specifically targeted for adding MIDI support. It will included in v5.0.1 or v5.0.2. I'm trying not to delay the major v5 update any longer than I already have.

Mike
(11-06-2013, 02:13 PM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to have an update specifically targeted for adding MIDI support. It will included in v5.0.1 or v5.0.2. I'm trying not to delay the major v5 update any longer than I already have.

Mike

YES! I am very much looking forward to this feature! :-)
I play in a band and would like to be able to control program change messages for several devices as I change songs... If I could make a little request; please add support for transmitting program change messages on several different midi channels simultanously...
That would make this already awesome app even more awesome. :-)

cheers
Hans
I'm in the same boat as hazzelmann. I'd be far more interested in being able to send midi messages - program change mainly - from the tablet to my FX devices (which are all capable of receiving midi commands). That way, selecting a chart would also setup the FX chain, instead of me having to remember to do it before playing.

I don't use a lot of FX, maybe four or five in the course of a gig, but it's very easy to forget to make a change in the heat of the moment ;( .
The MIDI stuff is already implemented and working well. I support all of the most common messages you would send (even system exclusive messages), so you shouldn't have any issues being able to do what you want. I also have support for multiple output midi channels for advanced users (you will have to enable this in the settings). It will be included in version 5.0.0. I implemented it early as I've been working with KORG to get them the features they need to work with their keyboards.

Mike
Great to hear!

Does also MS react to recieved MIDI (turning pages, starting audio playback...)?

My idea is to sellect sheet in MS, it sends MIDI message to my device(s) - program change etc. and I controll MS from my keyboard (using foot pedals) via midi to turn page, start playback etc.
Pages: 1 2