MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: much more efficient setlist creating/handling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mobilesheets for Win 10 has been a huge leap forward for many of us, but the app was originally written for tablet users, and the larger screens and physical keyboards present much more opportunity for efficiency than the app currently supports.

For example, when creating a setlist using the search filter, I type in the keywords I'm searching on my physical keyboard, select the song with my finger on the screen (or mouse), re-select the search field, clear the field (using the "x"), and only then can I select my next song. When creating a setlist of 50 or 60 songs, all those extra steps and moving my hands from the keyboard to the screen/mouse add a significant amount of time. Ideally, I should be able to create a setlist without removing my hands from the keyboard at all.

I would like to be able to type in my keywords, and use the arrow keys to select from the filtered results on the right and press enter to select the song. Once the song is selected, I would automatically be able to type in my next keyword search. In fact, if I type in enough of the song title, I shouldn't even need to touch the arrow keys at all. Type in the song name, press "enter", and I'm already ready to type in the next song title. For those of us that type quickly, setlist creation time could be reduced to half or potentially even a quarter of the time with this method.

Mike, how difficult would it be to implement this? Thanks again for a great program!