MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: 1.8.1 crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my phone it does not start. Just empty grey screen and then android desktop
On tablet, it starts but dissapears from the screen after displaying a score (any score it seems) for a second or so

Both devices on android 4.4
Crashing here too -  I just updated Mobilesheets Pro  It starts to open MobilesheetsPro, says "upgrading database", then exits back to home screen -  Samsung 12.2 tablet, Model No. SM-T900, Android version 5.1.1
I pushed out immediate fixes when I saw problems reported. You will have to update again, but then the problems should go away. There was a bug that caused the app to crash on phones or smaller tablets, and a crash when loading PDFs. I didn't catch the PDF one because it only showed up in the final build (which is obfuscated to prevent piracy). Sorry about that!

When will update be available? - I just checked, there is nothing new since I just updated about 20 minutes ago. This is the update that started the problem for me.
It should be available in the next 10-15 minutes I think. It depends when Google rolls it out to users. The update uses the same version number as very few users have downloaded the update and I didn't want to cause headaches with the release notes.
Got the update - still crashing after update
Sorry, this release was a bit of a mess. I've actually pushed up multiple separate bug fixes - one for the first issue with phones, another for the issue with PDFs (which includes the problem with upgrading the database, which is an issue with the device running out of memory). You should see another update available shortly.
Mine worked ok both the first and redone downloads. The improvement in speed is really noticeable.
I believe all of the problems were ironed out earlier with the last update. I'm glad to hear about the speed improvement. For users with a lot of freeform annotations, the optimizations should have a pretty big impact.
I'm sorry to sound different Sad

On my phone ChordPro songs yield black screens (actually, the previous content but initally that is black).
Also, MSPro is terribly slow now. When e.g. I hit 'back', the slide animation stops two three times before it completes.

I have a gig today, so I won't upgrade my production tablet until tomorrow.
Wow, I'm surprised to hear that you are just getting a black screen. That sounds like some kind of error is happening with processing your files. Is that happening with every file you've tried?

As for the slowdown, I definitely can't explain that one, as I didn't really change any of the code involved with going from the song display back to the library screen. I did make a lot of changes to the chord pro processing in order to support transposing chords in comments and to support having highlight commands combined with other text on the same line. The new code is certainly slower than the old code due to additional processing that is required for each line, but the difference on my tablet seemed minimal.

On the good side: I upgraded my backup tablet (Asus Z300M) and everything seems to work fine.

As for the phone, I uploaded a movie that shows what happens.

Note that all 'lead sheet' songs are ChordPro files, but "Bye Bye Love ptg" is an image (PNG) file.

As for "highlight commands combined with other text on the same line": If you mean "Foo {highlight: bar} blech": This is explicitly not part of the ChordPro standard. For ChordPro 6 (or 5.x) I'm currently considering a subset of markdown.
"Foo {highlight: bar} blech": This is explicitly not part of the ChordPro standard. For ChordPro 6 (or 5.x) I'm currently considering a subset of markdown. 

I hope this is coming soon. I miss it very often.
It looks like there is a bug when a highlight command gets cut off due to wrapping. If the entire line is just a highlight command and it gets wrapped, it causes an endless loop in my code. This explains why you only see a black screen (or the previously loaded song), but also the slowdown, because the background thread never terminates and is just eating up the CPU. I think my code eventually kills the thread and cleans up when you switch to a different song that loads correctly though. I'll make sure to get out a fix for this ASAP.

I can confirm this is solved in 1.8.4. Good job!