MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Move multiple Songs (in Setlist edit window)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo Mike,

Is it possible to choose and move multiple files in the setlist-edit-window?
When reordering the songs in a setlist, I would like to be able to choose multiple songs (vis ctrl+click for example)
and move them in a different position in the setlist.

I guess, that this possibility raises the question of where the selected songs will be moved to and into which order.

If for example in a setlist consisting of 5 songs 

1)A
2)B
3)C
4)D
5)E

I choose the pieces A and C and move them after D, the new Song order should be: 
1)B
2)D
3)A
4)C
5)E

Greetings
Hello,

No, it's not possible to move multiple values like that. The list control I'm using in Android is not built for that, and I'm not sure if Microsoft's drag & drop reordering will allow that. I would have to implement an entirely new mechanism to support this. It might be something like, long press to start selection, select each one you want to move, tap a "reorder" button, then tap on the position you want to move the items to. If this is really important to you, I can consider trying to add support for this in the future, but if not, then I'd prefer not to add the extra complexity and work.

Mike
The moving of >1 songs at a time is something I miss occasionally. but wouldn't want you to spend an enormous amount of time on this.

(In Windows) I encounter a "mini-crash" occasionally when releasing the song on its new position:
The setlist editor freezes and one has to leave the editor and return to be able to proceed.
The "to-be-moved" song is still on its initial position, a new attempt mostly works.
There seems to be a small "sour spot" that doesn't allow to release the dragged song.

Thanks for including the second title line in the setlist editor, this is a great help for me!

Ben