MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: audio looping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been playing with the A-B looping recently and while it works fine, I find it a pain to adjust the A and B points as changing either end requires setting both points even though one might already be correct.

Also. with my big finger on the slider bar, I can't visibly see where I am setting the end points. I know the time values scroll with the slider bar but this is obscured by my right hand (I suppose I could use my left hand but this is not natural to me).

What I would like is the ability to set either end without needing to set the other end (I realise real estate on the dialog is tight). This would allow me to get one end correct and then concentrate on setting the other end

As an aside, I've also had a song continue looping even though I had switched to another "chart" without an audio file (perhaps it was in a set list?). This loop kept repeating even when I took it back to the main tablet menu (had to restart the tablet to stop it playing).

The need to set both points is just an irritation and not a real issue; I'm sure there are more important things you could be coding!

Cheers
Geoff

T
Geoff,

Thanks for the feedback - I'll see what I can do to make it easier to set just one of the link points. I can think of two approaches: 1) If the audio player window is tight on space, the a-b loop button triggers a dropdown which lets you pick which point you want to set (a or b), or 2) I separate out the current button into two buttons, one for A, one for B.

As for the issue with the audio playback, can you reproduce that? Or was it a one-time thing?

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks for the reply Mile

Either approach to the A B points is ok for me.

I'll try and reproduce the funny looping behaviour (but I can't remember exactly what I did so can't guarantee it).

Geoff
I have been unsuccessful trying to reproduce the continuous looping problem.

Geoff
Thanks for trying and letting me know.

Mike
Hi Mike

I just came across this post browsing the Mobilesheets site and I don't know if this is still of interest

How about implementing just another pedal action for setting the A and/or B triggerpoint. I think this could be suitable too as the settings of start and stop of a loop thisway would be a more audible than visible/tactile approach.

First pedal trigger: set A
Second Pedal trigger: Set B
Third trigger: Delete A+B

(best if all three triggers could come from one physical Pedal)

Changing the actual way to set the loop would not be needed, it's just a different option.

Cloudygit
I think the only problem with that is it would be really tedious for people to have switch their pedal actions for that, as most people only have two pedals. If this would be valuable to people though, I'm certainly open to adding support for it.

Mike
(04-08-2018, 02:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]I think the only problem with that is it would be really tedious for people to have switch their pedal actions for that, as most people only have two pedals. If this would be valuable to people though, I'm certainly open to adding support for it.

Mike

Hi Mike,
I am new to Mobilesheets (win) and a very happy user. Thank you very much for this gem!

Along the lines of the discussion in this thread, I wish that there are shortcuts we could use for setting and removing the looping points (A/B). This would also solve the pedal issue (as most pedals can send specific keystrokes).
Would it be possible to simply set point A if I press key A and then set B if press B on the keyboard? And if I press either A or B again, then just re-set them accordingly. Press C for clearing A and B.
Also, it would be nice if the looping switches on automatically once A and B have been set.

I've also read about a request to changing the A/B points with the slider of the audio player... in my opinion that only makes sense if you have some sort of frequency chart, so that you know where you set the points - too complicated.

Thanks Marc
Marc,

Sure, I can look into supporting those keyboard shortcuts if the audio player is visible. If the user assigns different actions to those keys under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, then I would use the assigned actions. In the future there will be a dedicated screen for key mappings as the pedal actions aren't intuitive for keyboard shortcuts.

Mike
(06-15-2020, 04:22 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]Marc,

Sure, I can look into supporting those keyboard shortcuts if the audio player is visible. If the user assigns different actions to those keys under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, then I would use the assigned actions. In the future there will be a dedicated screen for key mappings as the pedal actions aren't intuitive for keyboard shortcuts.

Mike
Thanks Mike, shortcuts would be great!
The Pedal actions in the settings would be easy to use but limiting as only 6 shortcuts can be assigned.
(I use multiple functions on each pedal and use AHK to differentiate between short press, double press, long press for the different channels of my pageflip pedal).
Some functions like Media_Stop and Media_Play_Pause can be used without pedal action mappings, but others, like A/B, I cannot assign. (probably could do with mouse click emulation, but didn't have much success yet).
Marc