MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Master/Slave & audio handling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

1. Is it possible to use the master-slave-option connection two tablets (same database file) to show page one of a song on the master tablet and page two of the same song on the slave tablet? Continuing with page 3/4, 5/6, ...

2. If I create a backup without checking "Backup Audio Files" and restore this backup to another tablet, the audio files are shown as "missing files".

3. In the beginnig with mobilesheets I added a lot of audio files. Meanwhile I have memory problems. Is there an easy way to remove (all or selected) audio files from the mobilesheets database using the companion?
1. Not without a lot of work. You'd have to set up the songs on one tablet to use all odd pages, and all even pages on the other tablet. I'm going to need to add a mode for this, as a number of users have requested it now.

2. This is to be expected. The audio files aren't removed from the songs - the files just aren't packaged with the backup file. Some people utilize this to create smaller backup files.

3. At the moment, no, you'd have to edit each song and remove the audio files from the audio tab. If you want to manually edit your database file using SQL queries, then you could easily wipe out all the audio files and delete them off the device in one go.
(12-13-2017, 03:22 AM)Vibraphon Wrote: [ -> ]
  1. Is it possible to use the master-slave-option connection two tablets (same database file) to show page one of a song on the master tablet and page two of the same song on the slave tablet? Continuing with page 3/4, 5/6, ...

Interesting idea...

Effectively making one large tablet out of two smaller ones!
(12-13-2017, 05:30 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]1. Not without a lot of work. You'd have to set up the songs on one tablet to use all odd pages, and all even pages on the other tablet. I'm going to need to add a mode for this, as a number of users have requested it now.
But this would be a great feature, because most jazz songs (realbooks) are written on one or two sheets.
Using two connected 13.3" tablets in portrait mode would be the same as a printed book.

(12-13-2017, 05:30 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]3. At the moment, no, you'd have to edit each song and remove the audio files from the audio tab. If you want to manually edit your database file using SQL queries, then you could easily wipe out all the audio files and delete them off the device in one go.
I am not enough a computer expert to know how to create SQL queries.
Could you publish the SQL query needed?

Thank you!
This SQL Query will delete every audio file from the database: Delete FROM AudioFiles
Vibraphon Wrot Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 08:30 PM)Zuberman Wrote:1. Not without a lot of work. You'd have to set up the songs on one tablet to use all odd pages, and all even pages on the other tablet. I'm going to need to add a mode for this, as a number of users have requested it now.

So far I use Mobilesheets with one big Tablet in Landscape to enhance the readableness but but an option to take two smaller tablets in portrait would make my sheets much more mobile  Rolleyes .
Or think about great distances and big tablets -- what a great idea. I'd really like to second this request