MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Files truncated to 0bytes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've used MobileSheets for years but loaded a new setlist recently and received two new error messages reporting that the two .pdf files relating to two songs in the set could not be loaded.  When I opened the folders referred to in the error messages, the pdf song files where there, but truncated to 0 size.  The only event I can think of that might be related to this since last backup is the tablet going flat and shutting down with MobileSheets running (I don't know if the files affected were open in MobileSheets at the time).

If Android gracefully shut down due to lack of power (I wasn't there to observe it) then wouldn't MobileSheets gracefully exit too?  Is this a known issue?

I'm using the latest version of MobileSheets (at the time of writing) with Android 5.1.1
Andrew,

Are you running the original MobileSheets or MobileSheetsPro? If the tablet shuts down gracefully, then MobileSheets should be shut down gracefully as well, but I've honestly never tested that. It certainly shouldn't cause any files to be 0 kb in size though - that's definitely troubling. You said you were creating a library backup when the shutdown occurred? Did you recently restore your library from a backup?

Mike
[quote pid='20753' dateline='1519059682']

Are you running the original MobileSheets or MobileSheetsPro? MobileSheetsPro

You said you were creating a library backup when the shutdown occurred? No - the tablet was doing nothing at the time except running MobileSheetsPro.

Did you recently restore your library from a backup? No.  However I had created a backup without error.

Mike
[/quote]