MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Possible bug in Smart Buttons editing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Mike,
I'm adding Smart Buttons to my pages in order to setup some MIDI commands for the keyboard I've connected via MIDI/USB. During these operations something strange occurs: sometimes the upper menu/title bar, that is normally vieweable when displaying sheets, disappears. In those cases the only way to have back the menues for editing is to quit and restart MSP.
Hello Marco,

So what's the easiest way to reproduce this issue? Just continue adding smart buttons tied to MIDI commands until the top of the overlay disappears and doesn't come back? Do you have "Always Show Title Bar" enabled in the settings?

Thanks,
Mike
(07-02-2018, 02:06 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]So what's the easiest way to reproduce this issue? Just continue adding smart buttons tied to MIDI commands until the top of the overlay disappears and doesn't come back?

Exactly, I add buttons on various pages (with the top overlay always present); when I've finished button editing in a song, I click on "Save and continue to next song" without closing the Smart Button dialog, and after some times, at a certain point (random), the top overlay disappears.
I haven't checked if in that case the option of "Always Show Title Bar" has gone OFF by itself, but surely before it was ON, because it's one of my preferred settings.

(07-02-2018, 02:06 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have "Always Show Title Bar" enabled in the settings?

Yes, since the 1st day I kept this setting ON.
Marco,

I'm very confused by your description. The "Save and continue to next song" option you talked about - do you mean the "Save and edit next" that is only available from the song editor screen? If you are adding smart buttons, why are you going into the song editor? Are you editing the song just to get to that option to get to the next song? I added 10 smart buttons in a row without using the song editor, and the title bar was completely unaffected. If you are using the song editor to go between songs, that sounds more likely to be the problem.

I'm not having any luck reproducing the problem you've described no matter what I try. There must be something I'm missing about the exact steps you are taking.

Thanks,
Mike
(07-05-2018, 03:13 AM)Zuberman Wrote: [ -> ]Marco,

I'm very confused by your description. The "Save and continue to next song" option you talked about - do you mean the "Save and edit next" that is only available from the song editor screen? If you are adding smart buttons, why are you going into the song editor? Are you editing the song just to get to that option to get to the next song? I added 10 smart buttons in a row without using the song editor, and the title bar was completely unaffected. If you are using the song editor to go between songs, that sounds more likely to be the problem.

I'm not having any luck reproducing the problem you've described no matter what I try. There must be something I'm missing about the exact steps you are taking.

Thanks,
Mike

Sorry Mike, I did a bit of confusion, also because i didnt experienced very well. 
Now I tried better to recreate the problem, also in a different tablet.
So the scene is: a sheet page open with bottom icons hidden and upper row visible. I have a smart button on the page and I want to move its position, so I click 1 second on the button, and when I click to the new position, the top row and the menues disappear.
I also have seen that, if I simply open and close the Settings page, the upper row returns visible.
Now I hope it's more clear what I mean.
If you want I can make a little video.
I'm a fairly new user of Mobile Sheets and I'm enjoying getting to grips with the features available. I am also experiencing a similar bug to the one reported here.

I have been setting up a page full of smart buttons to control some of the features of my Korg PA700 keyboard. I've got the Always show title bar setting turned on. When I move one of the buttons on my page, the title bar is replaced by the message Tap the location for the button Swipe to turn pages along with the CANCEL button.

When I tap the new location (or tap CANCEL), the title bar does not reappear when the Tap location message is removed. If I now move another button (I've got rather a lot of them! Angel), the Tap location message is not displayed again as you might expect. The title bar still does not reappear after the move operation is complete.

Tapping the centre zone of the document correctly displays and hides the overlay toolbar at the bottom of the screen, but the title bar remains hidden throughout. I have been reinstating the title bar by turning the Always display setting off and then on again, but after reading this thread, I too have found that opening and closing the Settings page is sufficient to reactivate the title bar.

With the Always display title bar setting turned off, the system performs correctly. The Tap location message is cleared when the move is complete. The title bar does not reappear (it's turned off), but when I tap the centre zone of the document, both the title bar at the top and the overlay toolbar at the bottom are displayed or hidden as expected.

I hope this is helpful.....

PS: When adding lots of buttons to a page, it is difficult to make the result appear neat and tidy. It would be useful to have an optional "snap to" grid so the buttons can be made to line up neatly..... It's also tricky to judge where to place a button when moving it, as all the other buttons disappear until the move is completed.

Thanks for your work producing an excellent program. Shy
Apologies - I should perhaps have said that I'm using the latest Android version 2.3.8 of MobileSheetsPro under Android 6.0 on a generic Chinese (cheap) tablet.
Further to my posts last night, I have copied the song containing my Smart Buttons - all 28 of them - in an attempt to debug this problem further. After some confusion, I can confirm that the copy document behaves in the same way as the original.

I have also set up a new document, which like the first two is based on a single blank placeholder page. After adding a small number of smart Buttons, I could not initially recreate the problem. However after closing and reopening the song, I then found it was also showing the same issue with the vanishing title bar.

I have further discovered that the title bar vanishes when I move the first button after opening the song. If I then use the overlay toolbar to display and dismiss the settings page, the title bar is reinstated as expected. What is odd is that the document now performs correctly. I can make any number of further button moves, and the title bar is redisplayed correctly when the move is completed.

As far as I can tell, it is only the first button move after opening which causes the problem. Once the problem has occurred, the title bar remains invisible for any subsequent moves until it is manually redisplayed by using the settings window. After that the problem seems to be fixed until the document is next opened, when the first button move causes the loss of the title bar once again.

Out of curiosity, I have also discovered that if I use the overlay toolbar to display the settings window immediately after opening the song, I can then move any number of buttons without causing the problem with the title bar to occur.

Apologies for the long post, but I hope this detail helps to debug the problem.

Thanks again for a great application, Romney