MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: MSP in different bands ? setlist sort
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

First of all a big compliment for this great software. It really offers everything you need as a musician and beyond that, many more possibilities.

Therefore, I also think that probably the following problems could be solved:

I will use Mobile Sheets Pro at least for me as a single musician and will now build setlists with about 3 - 8 songs each. In total, that will probably be about 80 - 150 setlists. I am aware that there is the possibility to use collections. However, collections can only be used to incorporate songs that can then be used for better filtering. For me as a single musician this is more than sufficient.

But what will I do, if I want to play in addition in 1-2 other bands in the future, in which I will have a similar folder structure, but will have completely different setlists ? Is there a possibility to create different setlist setups, so that I can have the same folder structures as in the other bands as well as a single musician, but all that together on one single tablet at the same time in one single setup ?
Or would that only be possible for each band creating a separate total backup, which I then have to load completely for the respective use by Restore? Or is there another possibility?

In addition, I have e.g. following set list structure:

The setlists are using Numbers from 1 up to 140. Unfortunately, I can not find a way to sort the individual setlists manually. That's why my setlist folder looks like this:

102 etc.

but the setlist folder should look like this:

and so on, but this is probably not to achieve with the automatic numerical sorting system. Is manual sorting planned for the future in this area ?

Thank you for your help.

Incidentally, I am also enthusiastic about the possibility to send MIDI commands with the song change and thus to switch my keyboard presets. Requires some work, but worth to do that ! Thanks for that, a great thing!
Hello, 

The next update is going to add the ability to switch libraries/databases in the settings. You could then have a different library for each band. That would be my recommendation.

Mike
Thanks for the quick reply and help.

Nice to hear from the upcoming changes and programming.
Thank you for your efforts !

Will the sorting options of the setlists be extended as well?
That would be helpful . . . ?
Add 100 to all the setlist numbers ?

Geoff
I'll consider adding additional sorting options for groups in the future. In the meantime, you can always just use 3 digit numbers, i.e.:

and so on, and it will sort correctly.

Mike
Thanks for the quick tips,

in the meantime I already had the input with numbers:

etc.,

I had tried that before, but immediately after the change the ascending order in companion did not change. So I thought that kind of sorting would not work. But If you restart the companion, the sorting works fine. Very good !

Many thanks for the tips that help me very well on, so now I can work very good with MSP.

Thanks again for that great software ! ! !