MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Full Screen on Second Monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I use a second monitor connected to my Surface Pro 4. I have the Full Screen option turned On- but MobileSheets always starts as if it's turned Off. I have to turn it Off and then On to take effect.  Not a big deal but it'd be great if it could be fixed.

Thanks for a great program!

Tom
(06-24-2019, 12:55 AM)TomChurch Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

I use a second monitor connected to my Surface Pro 4. I have the Full Screen option turned On- but MobileSheets always starts as if it's turned Off. I have to turn it Off and then On to take effect.  Not a big deal but it'd be great if it could be fixed.

Thanks for a great program!

Tom
I submitted my question from my phone, and it might be a bit too brief to be of much help. Let me try to expand on it here.

I like to use MobileSheets in Full Screen mode, and it correctly opens in Full Screen mode when I'm using it on one monitor.

For performances, however, I use a second larger monitor in order to see two large pages side-by-side.

I start MobileSheets on my Surface Pro 4 which is connected via HDMI to a second monitor. MS is displayed on the Surface Pro. I then drag MS to the second monitor and it is no longer in Full Screen mode.

To workaround the issue, I open Settings, go to Display, and turn Full Screen Mode Off, then open Settings, Display again, and set Full Screen to On. Now, MS is in Full Screen Mode on monitor two.

If it can be set to Full Screen on a second monitor without needing to toggle the setting, that would be very helpful.

Thanks!
Unfortunately that can't be programmatically handled. If you hit F11, that is the shortcut to making it go fullscreen mode. There isn't a way for me to automatically start the app on a second monitor or even provide an option to move the app to a different monitor in fullscreen mode because Microsoft doesn't expose a way to do this with a store/UWP application. About the only thing I could do is provide a toggle somewhere on the library screen to handle this. One idea is to put a fullscreen/expand icon in the floating toolbar at the bottom right. Would that help?

Thanks,
Mike