MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Start auto-scroll on song playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone!

I have a foot pedal wired up to the tablet and want to start the auto-scrolling together with the song playback.
I currently set it to start scrolling when the song is loaded but this is not optimal.

Is it possible to start scrolling when starting song/audio playback ?

Thank you very much
If you configure your pedal to trigger both actions with the same key press, then yes, you could do that in theory. Go to Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, and assign pedal 2 to use the same key as pedal 1, but give it a different action (i.e. if pedal 1 starts scrolling, pedal 2 could start the audio playback). Then pressing one pedal should trigger both actions to occur. Let me know if you run into any issues with this.

On a side note, I see this request fairly often, so at some point I'm either going to add a new action to trigger both at the same time, or I'm going to add additional settings to the metronome/audio player/automatic scrolling to allow them all to be triggered at the same time. 

Mike
Thank you for the quick response!

That makes sense! I tried doing it just now but the problem is when you have two (or probably more) pedal actions with the same key only the first one will be executed. If I put the pedal action to toggle playback first only the song is being played but no scrolling happens; putting scrolling first means only scrolling no playing. Is there a option to allow pedal action propagation even if another handles it?

Thanks in advance
It's actually not that the pedal is being consumed, it's that the "debounce" setting is interfering. If you disable the pedal debounce under Settings->Touch & Pedal Settings->Pedal Actions, then you should see that it works. I am going to have to adjust the logic to handle the case when a single pedal is triggering multiple actions so that the debounce code doesn't prevent it.

Thanks,
Mike
Thank you! It's working Smile