MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Sync to OneDrive fails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I am trying to switch cloud providers. Sync to DropBox works for me, but I wanted to switch to OneDrive. But even an initial upload just doesn't go through. The progress windows shows a few successful file transfers (some PDF, some chordpro) and that's it then. No further progress, no error message. I can always cancel the process by clicking either 'Close' or the back button, but then the sync folder contains nly those few files and of course not the MB database, which is written at the very end.

Any idea how I can provide debug logs? Or maybe a solution?

Thanks in advance.

BTW: A backup (an msb file) to OneDrive works.
Sorry that you've been running into issues like that. Does the sync always stop on exactly the same song and/or file?  It would be great if we can isolate which song or file may be causing the problem. If not, then one option would be for me to get a copy of your library backup file (email a link to mike@zubersoft.com) so I can see if there is something specific to your library that is causing issues. How large is the library you are trying to sync to OneDrive? I'll also run some tests on my end to ensure nothing has changed recently in regards to the connection to OneDrive.

Thanks,
Mike
... and this seems similar to the problems I encounter when trying to sync specifically to OneDrive (see my recent post in "syncing a huge library").
(08-06-2019, 01:23 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry that you've been running into issues like that. Does the sync always stop on exactly the same song and/or file?  It would be great if we can isolate which song or file may be causing the problem. If not, then one option would be for me to get a copy of your library backup file (email a link to mike@zubersoft.com) so I can see if there is something specific to your library that is causing issues. How large is the library you are trying to sync to OneDrive? I'll also run some tests on my end to ensure nothing has changed recently in regards to the connection to OneDrive.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

the sync process does not always stop at the same file. Sometimes it's the first, then it's the 6th, the the 11th.
The library contains:
98 chordpro files (a total of some 140kByte)
513 PDF files (a total of some 9.5MByte)
the mobilesheets.db (448kByte)
the hashcodes (54 kByte)

A complete backup (including settings etc.) is some 10MB. I'll send you a link to a recent backup.

I am using a TrekStore theatre 13.3 tablet and I just found out (or at least suspect) that the tablet seems to be the problem. Syncing from cheap Denver tablet worked just fine.
Any chance there is a log on the tablet that could point out whether t's maybe a faulty installation? 

After the initial sync process from the Denver tablet (first push of all files to the cloud folder) was successfully completed, a sync from the TrekStore tablet to the same OneDrive folder went at least much further on and sync'ed some differences correctly, but still didn't go through.

Cheers,
Udo
There aren't any logs at the moment that can be enabled for additional information. I do plan on adding something like that though. We will need to determine if the issue is caused by connection issues or something internal in the OneDrive library while files are being uploaded. I'll run some tests with your library as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Mike