MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Page alignment is broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The latest update seems to have broken vertical page alignment. With display mode set to vertical scrolling, orientation portrait, page alignment bottom and align first page to top ticked, the first page isn't at the top.

I think this is only the case with two pages that don't fill the display so there is no page turn. Previously they would have been aligned at the top. Now they align to the bottom. It appears to be correct where the pages fill the display and there is a page turn.

Regards

Andy
I'll take a look at it. I was trying to fix https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...4#pid25934 with the last update, so it's possible it had a negative impact with the align first page option.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks. It looks like it only goes wrong if there is more than one page. A single page is OK and multiple pages that fill the display are OK. The ones I have that go wrong have two pages and don't fill the display.

If you need an example, let me know.

Regards

Andy
Got a fix in place for this now - thanks. I'll release an update this week.

Mike
Hi Mike

I've got a similar problem but I'm just displaying a single pdf page without any scrolling or fancy stuff.
Basically, MSP displays a 2nd blank page.

Thought I'd mis-edited the source file but, on checking, word 2003 said it had a single page.
Checked the "printed" output in Adobe reader; that also only detects a single page

No problem I thought, I'll just modify the song so that it only does pages 1-1; However, on editing it, I find that the page field is already set to this.

Hopefully, your fix mentioned above will also handle this.

Geoff
PS: Have created several other single page pdfs today; this is the only one that has a problem
Geoff,

Can you long press that song, select Share->Export as .msf and send the .msf file to mike@zubersoft.com? I definitely want to check that out to see what's going on.

Thanks,
Mike
.msf file sent

Geoff

PS: I probably "replaced" this pdf via companion (but the original should also have been a single page)
Your song appears to work without issue for me Geoff. Which display mode are you using? We have a couple options - the next step would be to share a copy of your library backup. Otherwise you could try deleting the song and reimporting your own .msf file to recreate it.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike

I've used WeTransfer to point you at a copy of my backup file (never used this before so hope it works)

I don't mind doing what you suggested; I just thought this would give you a better chance to investigate 

Geoff
Geoff,

Are you sure there is actually an extra page? You have Settings->Library Settings->Automatically Load Next Song enabled, so if you tap the edge of the screen to turn the page, it's going to change to "Christmas Long Ago", which is a song that uses a single blank page. Is it possible that just confused you? Or did you actually see a blank page tied to "The Sound Of Silence"?

Thanks,
Mike
aha

Christmas Long Ago is being solely used to access a .mp3 file - I wasn't even aware that it was there as a blank page.
It is appearing immediately after Sounds of Silence because the Title is "/storage/emulated/0/Download/Christmas Long Ago"

I don't even want a page there (editing the fields shows it is a blank page); removing the "1 Blank Page"  from Fields results in a "You must add at least one file or blank page" message.

Perhaps tapping the edge of the screen shouldn't show blank pages when it is just a place holder for a .mp3? - having said that, I suppose someone could annotate the page in which it then wouldn't be blank and so is should then also be displayed. Not showing it could also means that someone who was swiping through mp3s would be disappointed

Tried annotating the page; the field still show "1 Blank Page"; it should really be "1 Annotated Blank Page"

Many thanks Mike; sorry to have troubled you

Geoff
The architecture of the software requires that every song have at least one page. You can't have a song with no page (how would you switch to it to access the mp3 otherwise?). Showing nothing instead of a blank page would be worse in my opinion, and would make people think there is a software error. I also don't differentiate between whether the page has annotations it or not. The "Blank Page" designator is just so you know there is no real file.

Mike
I've just updated to 2.7.2 and this is better, but not completely fixed. Now if two pages don't fill the screen it aligns to the top, but if you have three pages that don't fill the screen it still aligns to the bottom.

Regards

Andy
I just tried this with 4 pages that didn't fill the screen and it correctly aligned the first page to the top. I'm probably going to need to have you send me a setlist demonstrating this problem as it doesn't seem to be occurring for me. I also tested with various combinations of page sizes so that I had 2 or 3 pages not filling the screen, and it still always seems to be working for me.

Thanks,
Mike
A sample msf & screenshot sent to your private email address.

Regards

Andy