MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: using Android stick with a portable touch screen monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried using an Android stick, a portable touch screen monitor and a power bank to run MobileSheets. I'm currently using a Galaxy pro note 12.2. Unfortunately I my vision is getting poor. I would like to try a 15.6" monitor for a larger display. The setup needs to be portable (no AC available).
Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.
I have a similar idea. However, my setup does not have to be mobile, AC Power is usually available. Thus I would like to use a 23" / 24" touch screen with an Android stick or mini PC. This would allow me to use the landscape mode and show 2 A4 pages at once. I would appreciate to learn about your experiences!
Do you have to stay on Android. There are 17" 2n1 laptops with Windows 10 available. Like this one: https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/2-in-1-l...27791dxwfs

If you had to buy a stick battery pack and a touch screen monitor you might be better with the 2n1. Just passing this along.
No, I don't have to stay on Android. What I need is a LARGE screen. I like to have it as far down as possible NOT to be personally "covered" by the monitor stand. And I like to see 2x A4 pages.
"Battery Pack" is absolutely NOT important for me, since usually AC-power is always available (otherwise nothing works ;-)

AND - of course - it's a question of costs! A 22...24" multi-touch screen monitor is available for under 400,- EUR.
With an additional stick/mini PC I have all I need - of course only in case the combi works fine with all touch functionality...

Such a large screen as a All-In-One PC or Laptop/convertible is much more expansive and moreover, it is overkill if I like to run MSP only. I think a mini PC does the job AND it is fan-less! I have a HP AIO-PC at home and it is a headache to get a new fan for it because it is a very special one and only available in China. I am waiting 8 weeks now for this pc of shi... hardware...
Don’t need this on stage.

However, you are absolutely right: there are also WIN10 mini PCs on the market! But probably roughly 100..200 EUR more than the Android colleagues…
BTW: a stable fixation is another issue! A VESA mount a safe thing! And the convertible laptop...?!?
I was looking at doing the mini PC route before this Covid-19 struck. My problem with Android route is I might have a use for a few windows based programs. If you go the Android stick route make sure to let us know how it works for you.

Peace
Don't get it. Why do you need routing for Android? Shouldn't MSP work without rout privileges?
I guess I miss something...!  Huh Maybe it is less easy than I thought...
I will try to find someone with a touch screen, buy an Android stick and give it a try...
(06-03-2020, 11:28 PM)Ecki2804 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't get it. Why do you need routing for Android? Shouldn't MSP work without rout privileges?
I guess I miss something...!  Huh Maybe it is less easy than I thought...
I will try to find someone with a touch screen, buy an Android stick and give it a try...

Your're missing what I intended. I'm meant me personally going the Windows way because of some other software that doesn't work on Android. I hope you try an Android stick and let us know how it works.

Peace
Oh I see! It was "lost in translation"! You wrote "Android ROUTE" not "Android ROOT"... Oh my god... my Pidgin English...!
I'm so sorry!

And you are absolutely right. I am also thinking by myself if a WIN10 based system would have the advantage of being able to run the BOSS as well as the Behringer-Mixer control software on and the same machine...

Thanks for clarification!