MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Screen size confusion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.  I've been using MSP on a Chromebook with a 12.3 inch screen and it works well.  I just bought an HP Sceptre Windows 10 laptop that has a 13.3 inch screen and I hope to use MSP on that too.  My problem is that even though the HP laptop has a little bigger screen a sheet of music on it looks a good deal smaller than on my 12.3 inch Chromebook.  

Any thoughts on why this would be?  Any suggestions on how to take advantage of the larger monitor of the HP laptop.

After some consideration I think this is related to the aspect ratio.  Apparently the smaller Chromebook is a 4:3 ratio and the HP is a 16:9 ratio.  So I think this may explain why the slightly larger screen shows a smaller music page image.

Thanks, in advance.

Jim Greeson
It's definitely related to the aspect ratio. A4 paper is closer to a 4:3 ratio so it will make better use of the screen space. You have a couple options for how to utilize the 16:9 aspect ratio tablet better. One is to crop the music to remove margins as much as possible so the music can be stretched better to fill the screen. The other is to change the page scaling mode so that the music is stretched to fill the entire screen. This can work well if it's only stretched a small amount, but if it's stretched a lot, you will see some distortion in the image.

Mike