MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Slave won't move to new song if in vertical scroll mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When choosing the next song, 95% of the time I'll go back to the setlist and manually pick the next song.

My tablets are set up to be in vertical scroll mode.  When on the last page of a song, you can see the top part of the next song.

If we're gonna play the next song in the setlist and I press on the right side of my screen to move to the next song, the slaves won't move to the next song. It's as if they think they're already on the next song.

This only happens if the next song is partially visible on the screen when in vertical scroll mode.

Visually the master is on the last page of SONG A. The top of SONG B can be seen at the bottom of the screen because I'm in vertical scroll mode.
I tap the screen to move to the SONG B (next song) and NONE of the slaves will move to SONG B.

Anyone else have this issue?
I definitely can't seem to reproduce that. If I'm partially scrolled down to where the next song is showing at the bottom and then I turn the page, the slave devices also turn their pages. If you have really small pages or the the next song is more than half way up the page, then the app will think that is the current page. I may need to see what kind of songs/files you are working with.

Mike

Here's a little video clip I just made
Can you please list the settings you've selected on the master? I just want to make sure "Turn pages on slave devices" is enabled at the very least. I wasn't testing with "Keep devices on the same page" enabled or "Synchronize song changes in setlists", so it would be helpful to know if you have those enabled too. Also, on each client device, go to "Connect Tablets", tap the Settings button and verify that "Let master device turn pages" is enabled.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

Since my drum charts are usually 1 pages each and the other instrument charts are typically multi-pages, I don't have "let master device turn pages" enabled.

Horns have page turns in different places than the rhythm section so I never had that feature enabled.

MASTER DEVICE
Let master device load songs - enabled
Let master synchronize song changes in setlists - enabled 

If that's what's causing this issue, it's not too big of a deal for me to go back to the setlist and choose the next song manually.
I'm a little confused because you just described the client side settings but said "MASTER DEVICE". I just ran a test where the master device disabled "Turn pages on slave devices", but enabled "Synchronize song changes in setlists". I kept everything enabled on the clients. Song changes were synchronized perfectly but page turns only occurred on the master. This sounds exactly like what you want.

Having said that, based upon your description, it seems to me like maybe you set up the master with the default settings (turn pages but synchronize song changes was not enabled) but on the clients you turned off page turns. This is going to result in the clients not switching songs with the master. I think if you adjust the settings properly as I have described, it will work the way you want.

Mike
MASTER SETTINGS:
Turn pages on slave devices: DISABLED
Load songs and setlists on slave devices: ENABLED
Kepe devices on the same page: ENABLED
Synchronize song changes in setlists: ENABLED
Create temporary copies of setlists on slave devices: DISABLED

SLAVE SETTINGS:
Let master device turn pages: ENABLED or DISABLED (tried both)
Let master device load songs and setlists: ENABLED
Let master synchronize song changes in setlists: ENABLED

These are my settings.

When I enabled "let master device turn pages" on the slave as well as enabled "turn pages on slave devices" within the master settings, the songs would change correctly.

I'm not sure what I want to happen can happen considering my songs have different page counts for each tablet. 

SONG A on the master tablet is 3 pages
SONG A on the slave is 2 pages.

The reason being is each different instrument has different layouts, multi-measure rests, measure widths, etc ... so that makes the page turn points at different locations. So I can't 
enabled the "let master device turn pages" and "turn pages on slave devices" or it will cause the pages to turn on the slave devices when they don't need to turn.

My tablets are running MSP with Vertical Scrolling enabled ... 
If I'm on SONG A and SONG B is next up, I can't just press on the right side of the screen to scroll to the next song or else the slaves won't move to the next song.
I have to go back into the setlist and choose the next song I want ... only then will the slaves move to the next song.
That seems to be different for us. If I use these settings:

MASTER SETTINGS:
Keep devices on the same page: DISABLED

SLAVE SETTINGS:
Let master device turn pages: ENABLED

then changing from Song A to Song B always causes the slave devices to change to that song as well. Is the "Keep devices on the same page" setting the culprit here?

Thanks,
Mike
(12-27-2019, 10:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]That seems to be different for us. If I use these settings:

MASTER SETTINGS:
Keep devices on the same page: DISABLED

SLAVE SETTINGS:
Let master device turn pages: ENABLED

then changing from Song A to Song B always causes the slave devices to change to that song as well. Is the "Keep devices on the same page" setting the culprit here?

Thanks,
Mike
Okay I think that fixed it. I turned OFF keep devices in the same page and turned off LET MASTER DEVICE TURN PAGES.