MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Very slow bluetooth library file transfer (for synchronizing)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay folks, this not a specific MSPro question, I admit, but I staggered over it when streamlining my master/slave tablet layout:

General point: I'd like to synchronize only between (Linux) PC and my MSPro master tablet sending first-time score sheets. After that (especially after annotating some songs that do not need to be returned to the PC) I'd like to transfer the MSPro library as a whole to the slave, to keep library versions near to identical on both devices. I don't want to do that via the PC, as that is not always available when I'd like to synchronize.

Observation: Doing so, my presently 85 MB large library took ages (somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes(!), not seconds) to transfer between master and slave. My expectation was something around one minute.

Is this normal, or is there a handbrake drawn to full stop somewhere in my system(s)? The tablets are generally side-by-side (see other thread on ideal tablets) and always BT-coupled by default.

Kind regards,
Petra
Hello Petra,

Using bluetooth for file transfers is horrendously slow unfortunately. It's not really designed for pushing large amounts of data like that. I provide is as an option as a last resort, but WiFi really should be the connection type you rely on for synchronizing device libraries. If you synchronize libraries that are mostly the same, synchronizing over bluetooth should work for that (which was how I envisioned it being used), as (hopefully) only or or two files should need to be sent in that situation.

Mike
Total Commander for Android has a WLAN Transfer plugin that opens a WLAN access point on an Android device. I use it every now and then to transfer files between my Android tablet and my Win10 laptop. It might be possible to use it also between two Android devices.
https://www.ghisler.com/androidplugins/wifi/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...sfer&hl=en
(01-14-2020, 07:33 AM)itsme Wrote: [ -> ]Total Commander for Android has a WLAN Transfer plugin that opens a WLAN access point on an Android device.  .... It might be possible to use it also between two Android devices.

Seems so, indeed! Thanks for the pointer! I guess I'll give it a try since I use the Total Commander anyway for the file management on the devices.

Cheers,
Petra