MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: new tablet for Korg pa600
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm searching for a new tablet, exclusively for Korg keyboard use. My original Samsung 12.2 has quit, and repairs seem unwise in a unit that is old, in tablet years, that is. I kept my MSP backup and app files on an SD card, so I think my data is safe, and I have the MS companion with a fairly current backup.

I'd prefer 12" or larger, and there are a number of choices, but because I need the midi link via a USB port, and blue tooth for the pedal, the list gets smaller. Is there a way for midi over wifi? or am I fooling myself.

I bought an HP 14" Stream laptop but it does not have genuine touch screen, (misleading sales pitch-it has touchpad/keyboard.) It is awkward to use in portrait mode, with the keyboard extended out over the playing surface, and needs a mouse to select songs etc, so another flat surface is needed. If some one has has success with the HP, I'd like to hear from them.

The Korg interface was flawless with the Samsung, but is still elusive with the HP, even the bluetooth is erratic. Any suggestions are welcome.
I use a Walmart RCA 11" tablet. Cheap enough to get two. ($178 CDN) Had good luck and they link nicely on stage, they back each other up and I have a spare, just in case one explodes.