MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Opaque Fill When Inserting Text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I often us MS to write in text that covers up (blocks) something in the original pdf.  For example, I may correct a chord, etc. (and cover up the incorrect chord)

Before the new annotations I just used white fill and that did the job.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the fill opaque to accomplish this.   (I did try selecting "Opacity" of 100%)

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff
Have you tried the snipping tool and cut out what you want to correct? That will fill in a white selection and you could place your Text on Top of it
I use 'layers' to do something similar. Once you're in the annotate mode select 'layers' [black square with a V underneath], click on the + to add another layer, click on 'layer 1 to highlight it and white out the unwanted material, click on layer 2 and add the new material. I recommend adding the new away from the white out and move it into place with the nudge tool. If you need to move a layer 2 item, go to the layers dropdown and find the layer one change with a check mark and uncheck it. you can then select the layer 2 item to modify. That's a confusing paragraph, but it should help, with a bit of experimenting.
Jeff,

I'm a little confused why you aren't able to use the same approach with the new annotations. For example, if I select the text tool, tap again to view the dropdown, change the fill to white, turn off auto-size, draw a box and enter a letter into, this effectively whites out whatever is underneath the box. You can do the same thing with the shapes tool (select rectangle with a white fill or a thick white line).

Mike
(01-06-2021, 06:02 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]Jeff,

I'm a little confused why you aren't able to use the same approach with the new annotations. For example, if I select the text tool, tap again to view the dropdown, change the fill to white, turn off auto-size, draw a box and enter a letter into, this effectively whites out whatever is underneath the box. You can do the same thing with the shapes tool (select rectangle with a white fill or a thick white line).

Mike

I think I was in the wrong part of the annotation section.  I think I figured it out now.  Yes, it is pretty much the same way it was before. Sorry.