MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Annotations issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Mike,

I've been working on some scores yesterday (part of a Setlist) adding annotations (text and some lines/boxes). Opening today the scores I see that some text and/or graphics are duplicated or moved from the original position. Why this happens? 

Thank you, regards.
I've definitely never encountered that. Do you have idea what steps led up to that occurring? If you see a duplicated text or stamp annotation, go to the layer popup and see if you actually see two separate annotations in the list. If so, that would indicate that MobileSheets duplicated the annotation during the saving process, which meant it was unable to clear out the old annotations when saving the new ones. If you edit that song and add additional annotations, does the same issue occur with duplication? Or does it save correctly from that point on? Any information you can provide will be helpful in figuring out what happened.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

honestly don't know what happened and when, if I remember good I've edited the scores on one computer (desktop) and then synced the library with my laptop, and on laptop (different screen resolution) I've noticed those annotation issues. Don't know if it's related, however, this is what I remember I did before to notice the problem.

Thank you.
However, I see another graphic issue now, I remember what I was doing: I wanted to move an annotation from the second to the frist page, so I grabbed it with mouse and wanted to drop on the first page on the left, and the annotation "fell" in the black background, please see attached screenshot. It's still there, and I can't neither delete or move it back. Any solution? 

Thank you.
So if you hit undo after that event occurred, it didn't pop back to where it was before? If you go the layers popup and select that annotation, then use the nudge tool to move it, does it respond? If you restart the application, is it still showing up in the black area? I'm going to have to look into that, because it shouldn't be possible to drop an annotation between pages. 

Mike
I don't remember if I've used undo, however using the layers I was able to delete it. The fact is that the annotation should not fall in the black area. Also, this happened because it was not possible to move the annotation from page 2 to page 1, instead this is a useful function to add in my opinion. Thank you!
I will try to update the code to restrict moving annotations off the page. It seems to me that there aren't many situations in practice where moving annotations between pages holds much value compared to the level of effort required to get that working well. It's also pretty easy to just cut the annotation and paste it on the other page.

Mike
(03-10-2021, 04:29 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]I will try to update the code to restrict moving annotations off the page. It seems to me that there aren't many situations in practice where moving annotations between pages holds much value compared to the level of effort required to get that working well. It's also pretty easy to just cut the annotation and paste it on the other page.

Mike

Mike,  

I have the latest version of MobileSheets on one computer and an earlier version on another computer.  Using the latest version, I find that previously positioned fingering numbers, sharps, flats, etc. can move anywhere on the page.  Moving around the movable menu seems to cause a print-through problem for other pages, producing diagonal lines, circles etc.  I then have to select each of the lines or other shapes individually to delete them.

Is there any way of causing the latest version to revert the the earlier version which did not have the new menu system at the top?

Leon
Leon,

I'm going to need to know more information about what you mean when you say that your annotations can "move anywhere on the page". Are you saying that after updating, your annotations have shifted incorrectly on the pages of your song? As far as the second issue, I'm not sure what you mean by a "print-through problem". Can you create a short video with a phone demonstrating the problems you are encountering? That might explain it best. I can move the radial menu around on the screen without it causing any issues, and I haven't heard from any other users about issues caused by that, so I need to better understand what is happening. 

As for your question, no, it's not possible to revert now that you've updated. Let's focus on fixing whatever issues you are currently facing so you can take advantage of the benefits of the new design (of which there are many).

Mike
My problem with the latest version is that using touch annotation, the annotation appears about and inch above where I am touching.
TheMrEd,

Please answer the following:

• Does that happen with every song you've tested with? 
  • Are you using the Android version or the Windows 10 version? 
  • What page scaling setting are you currently using?
  • What display mode are you using?
  • Does this happen with every type of annotation or only specific ones?
  • Are you using your finger or a stylus to place the annotations?
  • Are you using images, PDFs or text/chord pro files?
  • If you are running the app on a Windows 10 device, are you running the app in a window or in fullscreen mode? If you go to "Display Settings" in Windows 10, what setting do you have selected for "Change the size of text, apps and other items"?
I'm not seeing that problem on any of the devices I've tested with, so this will help me determine what might be happening on your device.

Thanks,
Mike
I'm seeing this issue as well - but it only appeared with the latest v3.0.9. See attached screenshots. In the first one "edit mode" you can see I've added a pink marker line. In the second "exit edit mode" you can see that the marker line has been moved right. If I return to edit mode the marker line returns to its original position. This appears to happen with any annotation.
(03-19-2021, 07:38 AM)Andrew9999 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm seeing this issue as well - but it only appeared with the latest v3.0.9. See attached screenshots. In the first one "edit mode" you can see I've added a pink marker line. In the second "exit edit mode" you can see that the marker line has been moved right. If I return to edit mode the marker line returns to its original position. This appears to happen with any annotation.

To answer your questions to the other poster:

Does that happen with every song you've tested with? Yes.
Are you using the Android version or the Windows 10 version? Win10 v3.0.9
What page scaling setting are you currently using? Fit Height, use default page scaling for song.
What display mode are you using? Single page
Does this happen with every type of annotation or only specific ones? All
Are you using your finger or a stylus to place the annotations? Mouse
Are you using images, PDFs or text/chord pro files? PDF
If you are running the app on a Windows 10 device, are you running the app in a window or in fullscreen mode? Both - same issue with either.
If you go to "Display Settings" in Windows 10, what setting do you have selected for "Change the size of text, apps and other items"? I can't see this setting.
(03-19-2021, 07:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]TheMrEd,

Please answer the following:

• Does that happen with every song you've tested with?
    Yes.  As I add the annotation it appears above where I am touching.
  • Are you using the Android version or the Windows 10 version?
    Android Version 3.0.8.  I don't know exactly when it stopped working.  i been using.  I am using a Samsung Galaxy View 18.3" tablet.MobileSheets for years without a problem.
  • What page scaling setting are you currently using?
    I don't Know.  I have never changed page scaling.  I don't know how.
  • What display mode are you using?
    Sorry!  I didn't know there was a display mode. Where can i check that?
  • Does this happen with every type of annotation or only specific ones?
    The only annotation functions I have used are the "line", "smudge" and "eraser". The "line" and "smudge" both fail.
  • Are you using your finger or a stylus to place the annotations?
    I use my finger.
  • Are you using images, PDFs or text/chord pro files?
    I am using PDFs.
Thanks!
Ed
Andrew9999 - does the annotation return to the correct position when you tap to hide the overlay? If so, I have a fix in place for that for the next update. 

Ed - Can you please update to version 3.0.9 just to verify that none of the recent changes have fixed what you are seeing?  As for display mode, that refers to single page, two pages, half page or vertical scrolling. You can change that by tapping in the center of the score to bring up the song overlay, tapping the icon to the left of the page scaling icon with blue arrows and then changing the default display mode dropdown. If you've never changed that, you are using the single page display mode. I don't have an answer yet for why you would be seeing this issue in the Android version. I can't figure out how to reproduce the issue you yet. Did you enable Settings->Display Settings->Always Show the Title Bar by chance? That won't cause any issues that I can see, but I just want to verify.

Thanks,
Mike
Pages: 1 2