MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Automatic file-change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be a very nice feature, if it was posible to batch-change files.

I use Musescore and all the pdf-files are located in a folder, from where I import the them to Mobile Sheet. Everytime Musescore files is updated I have to manually change the files in Mobile Sheets, one by one. It would be very nice if it was possible to select all or groups of songs in Mobilesheet and change all updated files automatically.

Mobile sheet could check if there is any updated files located where the song was imported from, and if so, change the file with the new version.

It would really save some time. (In Musescore I use af plugin that batch convert all files in a selected folder to pdf).
You can explicitly specify a Mobile Sheets Storage Location under Settings - Storage and save your PDFs there. If you do that then you need to import only newly created PDFs. Any changes to existing files (without changing path and filename) are automatically shown in MSP. In case e.g. the margins are changed you might need to adjust the cropping in MSP, but that's it.
(05-06-2021, 06:36 AM)itsme Wrote: [ -> ]You can explicitly specify a Mobile Sheets Storage Location under Settings - Storage and save your PDFs there. If you do that then you need to import only newly created PDFs. Any changes to existing files (without changing path and filename) are automatically shown in MSP. In case e.g. the margins are changed you might need to adjust the cropping in MSP, but that's it.

Thanks! That works perfectly!

Some of my files are organized in folders named after the song, the newly importet are not (I problaly changed that at a time). Is there a quick way to reorganize the files so that they all har located in the same folder and not i subfolders?
Just move the files in the file system where you want them to be.
Settings > Other Settings > Find Missing Files
will report them as missing files afterwards.
Then you can set the new file paths with "Fix Broken File Paths" or "Swap File" without losing info like setlists or annotations that is stored in the MSP database.

In case a lot of files are affected "db_reloc.pl" from Sciurius' MSPro-Tools https://github.com/sciurius/MSPro-Tools is more powerful but not so easy to use. It's really worth getting into it. Alas there's an issue recently. I have reported it already, see https://github.com/sciurius/MSPro-Tools/issues/3 and usually Sciurius is really fast in handling reports.

btw: I attached a screenshot of the folder structure that I use. _HerbertsGoogleDrive is synchronized by Google's Back-up_Sync between my devices, _MobileSheets is my MobileSheets Storage Location. So it is only required to copy or synchronize my MSP database(s) to update my devices