MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Samsung S-Pen air actions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would it be possible to include support for the Samsung S-Pen remote actions, so that for instance backwards/forwards would work with the pen?

The SDK is linked above. Currently when doing an 'air action' the tablet comes back with "This app does not support...", but it'd be fantastic if it would work Wink
I previously tried adding support for S-Pen remote actions, but I don't currently have a Samsung device with an S-Pen that supports remote actions (my newest Samsung tablet is a Samsung Tab S4). The features I tried to introduce caused problems for some users, so I immediately removed them. If you want to work closely with me to test out builds and tell me what is working and what isn't, we can try to add back that functionality, but otherwise I will have to wait until I have a Samsung device with remote S-Pen capabilities before I can introduce support for the remote actions.

Mike
Sure, I am willing to help out / alpha/ beta test / ... Smile I've got plenty of android experience there. So if you want to throw any builds my way I can definitely test it out. My girlfriend also has a tablet (different one) with S-pen, so I can trial it on hers without harming my library Big Grin

I'd donate you a tablet but it's a bit toooo pricy Confused
Excellent - before we start, can you list out what S-Pen gestures you are wanting to take advantage of? Are you wanting to turn pages in the normal viewing mode, or are you looking to access additional functionality in the annotations editor? To start, I may program some default actions for the S-Pen remote actions, and at a later date, implement a UI to allow those actions to be configured. I don't want to make any UI changes for this right now as that involves getting translations in all of the supported languages, and my current highest priority is on getting the iOS version finished as fast as possible as many users are waiting for it.

Thanks,
Mike
The ones I can think off that seem like a good start:
* forward gesture or single press (next page)
* backwards gesture  or double press (prev page)

The others seem less useful, or i can't think of an action that would be useful in a performance context
* up
* down
* circle left
* circle right

I don't know if there is something that is used in a synced-tablet setup where this could be used - I've never used this.