MobileSheets Forums

Full Version: Switching Libraries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would it be possible/feasible to have the Libraries listed and selectable via the "Tab Selection and Order" page?
The two features are completely independent of each other, so I don't really think it would make sense to have that setting there. Having said that, I plan on adding an option to the main library screen to quickly change libraries. Are you just looking for a faster way to do this than having to go into the settings screen?

Mike
Thanks for the fast response Mike - as always.
Yes you're right - I maintain 4 different Libraries (for different people who wouldn't know a tablet from a slab of wood!) and I was mainly looking for a faster way to switch between Libraries.
Along the same lines, would it be possible to have a Setlist export option that is another Library?

Thanks for your great work with this product ....
(06-23-2021, 07:50 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]The two features are completely independent of each other, so I don't really think it would make sense to have that setting there. Having said that, I plan on adding an option to the main library screen to quickly change libraries. Are you just looking for a faster way to do this than having to go into the settings screen?

Mike

oh yes please, a faster way to switch libraries would be fantastic

Claude
A possibility to recognize the current library would be great. Showing the library name, allowing to specify the colour of something ...
Not easy to find a good place for this. Maybe a new tab in the UI that is used for switching libraries and changes its title to the name of the current library. It could be handled by 'Tab Selection and Order' just like other tabs.
This is a question (not a reply)  not sure if I'm posting correctly, in the right place!

I have MSP on an Android tablet and also my phone.  I've recently created a new Library on my tablet, backed it up, then on my Android phone did a Restore.   The new library does not show up on the phone.  When I go through the steps to create a new library on my phone, I do not see a + sign to Add a new library.   I have a separate backup file for the new Library on my Tablet, that is also on my phone, ready to restore the phone, but I cannot seem to create a separate library on my phone.

What am I missing?
You have to go to Settings->Library Settings->Switch Library and set up the libraries before restoring the backup file. I would also suggest not restoring the settings after the first time just to avoid any potential issues. So you'd want to set up your libraries, switch to one library, restore a backup file for that library, switch to the other library, then restore the backup file for that library. If you are saying that you don't see a + icon on the phone under Settings->Library Settings->Switch Library, please try rotating your phone to landscape. It's possible part of the UI is getting cut off. Are you running version 3.4.7 on all devices?

Mike
(03-15-2022, 09:07 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: [ -> ]You have to go to Settings->Library Settings->Switch Library and set up the libraries before restoring the backup file. I would also suggest not restoring the settings after the first time just to avoid any potential issues. So you'd want to set up your libraries, switch to one library, restore a backup file for that library, switch to the other library, then restore the backup file for that library. If you are saying that you don't see a + icon on the phone under Settings->Library Settings->Switch Library, please try rotating your phone to landscape. It's possible part of the UI is getting cut off. Are you running version 3.4.7 on all devices?

Mike
Thanks Mike!  That worked!
do believe I have the latest version running